Summary of The Day: When there's a gorgeous national park within a major city, it kind of just becomes a must-see, doesn't it? On this Nairobi tour, you'll spend almost a full day immersed in natural wonder, from a tour of the giraffe centre to walking in Karen Blixen's footsteps, it's all within the city limits of Nairobi...how cool is that?!
Nairobi National Park is a unique wildlife haven located within sight of Nairobi city's skyline, and it's the focal point for this Nairobi 'city' tour. Here, various herbivores can be seen roaming the park's grasslands, and lion, cheetah, and leopard are just some of the predators that can be spotted, together with over 300 bird species.
Wildlife spotting certainly works up an appetite, so lunch will be served at a local restaurant where you'll get to sample local cuisine and engage with the locals.
After lunch it's time for a little 'Out of Africa,' as we drive over to the Karen Blixen Museum, which takes visitors back to the colonial period, reconstructing the lives of those who inhabited this region. You'll see some of the original antique furniture and a re-constructed colonial coffee factory.
From here, it's onwards...and upwards (!) as we hit up the Giraffe Centre, where we have an opportunity to interact closely with the beautiful, endangered Rothschild giraffe. It's a truly special experience, one that you likely won't ever forget.
After a day filled with close animal encounters and local experiences, we'll head back to the city centre where your Nairobi tour will come to a close.
When packing, be aware that dress standards are conservative throughout Africa. To respect this, and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means covering shoulders and no short shorts. We recommend a mixture of loose, lightweight clothing and warm clothing for the evenings. Shorts should be knee-length. Singlets and tank tops are not suitable. Topless sun bathing is unacceptable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.