Summary of The Day: Celebrating the beloved original, Lerner and Loewe’s My Fair Lady comes to the Sydney Opera House in August 2016, under the direction of Julie Andrews.
The Cinderella story about the Cockney flower girl Eliza Doolittle and the appealingly arrogant phoneticist, Professor Higgins, is an endearing tale that charms audiences with its warmth and vivid characters.
The clash of cultures sparks some of the theatre’s most jubilant songs and witty dialogue. The triumphant score features unforgettable numbers including Wouldn’t It Be Loverly?, On The Street Where You Live, I Could Have Dance All Night and Get Me to the Church on Time.
In 1956, Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe’s masterful retelling of George Bernard Shaw’s Pygmalion took the world by storm. Playing the irresistible Eliza Doolittle was a young Julie Andrews, in only her second role on Broadway, a role that would catapult her into international stardom.
In a world first, Julie Andrews will direct a glorious production of My Fair Lady, teaming up with the Tony Award-winning Christopher Gattelli and associates of the musical’s original designers Cecil Beaton and Oliver Smith.
A stellar cast of Australian theatre royalty and emerging talent will be showcased in this truly momentous production. This is a theatre event not to be missed.
The evening showings begin at 7:30pm and doors open at 6:30pm in the Joan Sutherland Theatre. The opera is 2 hours and 50 minutes long with an interval.
Tickets will be available for collection from the Customer Service Desk at Sydney Opera House one hour before the performance. Please present your e-ticket.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.