Get ready for a very exciting day as we travel over the Albis Pass and along the shores of the Lake of the Four Cantons to the enchanting city of Lucerne. On a short introductory city tour, you'll see the impressive Lion Monument and Lucerne's most eminent landmarks such as Chapel Bridge, the Jesuit Church and the Concert and Congress Hall. Enjoy leisure time in Lucerne's beautiful Old Town. From there we'll continue to Kriens, where we'll take the panoramic gondola to Frakmuntegg.
Then we'll hop aboard the aerial cableway Dragon Ride, affording jaw-dropping views of the Swiss Alps and the valley below. Once at the top of Mt Pilatus (2132 m), venture down the Dragon's Path or go for a short hike to the summit. Afterwards, relax on the panorama terrace boasting magnificent panoramas of the surrounding mountains.
The highlight of the day is the thrilling descent on the world's steepest cogwheel railway (48% gradient) to Alpnachstad. Here we'll board the boat for a lovely 1-hour cruise on the beautiful Lake of the Four Cantons.
We normally return to the starting point in Zurich at around 7:00pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 6-15 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 6, but they must be registered before the trip.
* Tour prices are based on Swiss Francs (CHF) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Transportation in comfortable motorcoach
Guided tour in English, German and Spanish (early May to mid November)
Panoramic gondola and Dragon Ride cable car fare (except during scheduled repairs)
Pilatus Railway fare (early May to mid-October)
Boat ride on Lake Lucerne (early May to mid-October)
Please arrive at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to begin.
For check-in we require your confirmation details and proof of identity (ID). It is not necessary to print out the voucher. An electronic ticket on your smart phone or tablet is sufficient.
The panoramic gondola and Dragon Ride aerial cable car will not be available during scheduled maintenance from October 24 to November 11, 2016.
The boat ride on Lake Lucerne is a summer activity available from early May to October 24, 2016. From October 24 to early May 2017, the boat ride will be replaced by a full-course lunch.
The cogwheel railway is a summer activity available from early May to mid-November 2016.
From mid-November to early May 2017, there is no guide on the mountain, and no guide from Kriens to Lucerne.
- Up to 33 days prior to tour start: 10% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
- 32 to 15 days prior to tour start: 30% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
- 14 to 8 days prior to tour start: 50% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
- 7 to 0 days prior to tour start: 100% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.