Summary of The Day: Still undoubtedly, authentically Parisian, there are hidden parts of Montmartre that remain unchanged for generations. But to truly find these rare gems, you have to know where to go. Your local, expert English-speaking guide is just the person to take you on a tour of the area’s little-known nooks and crannies. Away from the crowd, beyond the throngs of tourists who only know Montmartre for its main attraction: the Sacre Coeur, sitting high atop the hill.
Follow your guide to the Montmartre of Picasso, Modigliani and Utrillo, where these famous artists lived and were inspired, whether through drink, dance, decadence or debauchery. See the places where priceless works of art were exchanged for meager food and art supplies by these beginning “starving artists” - not yet knowing how profound their work would be and what an indelible mark their paint strokes would leave on the art world.
Duck down narrow alleyways unnoticed by the casual traveler. Walk upon cobble-stone streets and through quiet squares as your guide, truly passionate about Paris and art history, entertains you with stories of the past.
Take pictures before the two famous remaining windmills of the Moulin de la Galette and the Moulin Rouge. Then pass by the tiny cabarets and iconic restaurants which undoubtedly inspired an artist or two, in turn capturing them forever on canvas.
See the famous artists’ square, and the Sacre Coeur - dominating the hilltop and standing vividly against the bright blue sky. Stand in awe, here, before the most incredible sweeping view of the city, a breathtaking site worth the visit alone. Then see various locations where the hit 2001 movie Amelie was filmed, including the cafe where the beloved character of Amelie Poulain worked.
See why Montmartre is known as home to the most beautiful vineyard in Paris, the Clos Montmartre, where wine has been made for centuries (and continues to be - in the local town hall!) This is a picturesque corner of French countryside within one of the city’s most interesting and historic quarters. And your guide will not only bring it to life but introduce new and novel details not known by many. Whether this is your first visit or your fiftieth, it’s an experience like no other.
Sites Visited Outside:
- Sacre Coeur
- Place du Tertre
- Clos Montmartre (vineyard)
- Lapin Agile Cabaret
- Moulin Rouge Cabaret
- Le Moulin de la Galette
The tour ends at the Blanche metro station around 5:00pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children under the age of 4.
* Group size: maximum 25 passengers
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Guided tour of Montmartre
Expert local guide
Groups of 25 or fewer
Headsets where appropriate so you can always hear your guide
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
This is a physically challenging tour that involves a considerable amount of walking, hills and stairs. For this reason, we do not recommend this tour for customers with health conditions and recommend comfortable shoes for all guests.
We will do everything within our power to ensure timings and itineraries are respected; however, due to issues beyond our control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.