Costa Rica Wonders With Tortuguero
Day 1 - Arrive San Jose, Costa Rica. Arrive in San Jose, where you will be met by your Local Host.
Day 2 - San Jose - Tortuguero National Park. Early this morning, travel east to the northern Caribbean's lowlands. In the first part of the trip, admire beautiful evergreen mountains and beautiful landscapes of Braulio Carrillo National Park. Once on the Caribbean side, continue to the Caño Blanco Dock, where you will board a BOAT to take you to TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK. A 2.5-hour boat ride will take you through the canals sheltered in the jungle of the rainforest. From the boat you will be able to admire the unique flora and fauna of this area. Upon arrival at your hotel there will be short briefing followed by lunch. In the afternoon, visit the village of Tortuguero, where you learn the lifestyle of local residents and the significant conservation efforts developed to protect the sea turtles that come to spawn each year along the 22 miles of nearby protected coastline. (B,L,D)
Day 3 - Tortuguero National Park. Your guide accompanies you on a leisurely BOAT RIDE along remote, unspoiled sections of the park's waterways, explaining the bountiful flora and fauna. Later, enjoy a fascinating STROLL through an accessible portion of the nearby rainforest and learn how the different animals, insects, and birds interact with forest plants, thus achieving a perfect balance of each species. During the peak nesting season (mid-July to mid-October) you may be lucky enough to observe an endangered green turtle laying her eggs under the starlight. (B,L,D)
Day 4 - Tortuguero - Arenal. Take an early morning flight back to San Jose (or transfer by boat and car to Arenal depending on departure date). From here, journey to the artisan town of Sarchi before stopping for a typical Costa Rican lunch in La Fortuna. Continue to the Arenal Volcano area, where you will stay two nights. In the afternoon, take a guided WALK through the lava trails of the volcano and appreciate how nature has found a way to recover from past lava flows. After the walk, visit the famous TABACÓN HOT SPRINGS and take a dip in the natural springs and pools of mineral waters surrounded by lush, tropical forest. Enjoy dinner at the Hot Springs. (B,L,D)
Day 5 - Arenal. Today is at leisure to explore on your own. Perhaps visit the Arenal Hanging Bridges, a network of suspension bridges, platforms, and trails built in the cloud forest. From here, explore the forest canopy with a bird's-eye view, giving you a different perspective of the forest's wildlife. A great opportunity for nature lovers and birdwatchers! Alternatively, you may choose a rafting adventure, horseback riding, or spelunking in nearby Venado Caves. (B)
Day 6 - Arenal - Monteverde. This morning, begin with a short BOAT ride across Arenal Lake and admire different species of birds that visit and call the area home. Continue through incredible mountain scenery and the MONTEVERDE CLOUD FOREST, home to over 3,000 plant species, approximately 120 mammal species, 400 bird species, and 1,200 species of amphibians and reptiles. This evening, venture into Monteverde's Cloud Forest just before nightfall with an expert Naturalist for a guided NATURE WALK to search for the jungle's nocturnal creatures, like sloths, foxes, agoutis, frogs, and many more! (B)
Day 7 - Monteverde. Enjoy a day to do as you please. Maybe wake up early and visit Santa Elena Cloud Forest to best experience the animals in their natural forest habitats. Discover this misty and surreal wildlife sanctuary full of mosses, ferns, flowers, and other indigenous plant life. Also notice how the combination of climatic and geographic factors create temperature and humidity gradients, changing dramatically over just a short distance, or you could visit a local family's farm to learn about sugarcane, coffee, and tilapia farming. (B)
Day 8 - Monteverde - San Jose. Return to San Jose today. (B)
Day 9 - San Jose. Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning. (B)
- In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.
- Please refer to Customer Agreement before you make reservation.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.
Edit Photo Title & Description
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Pricing (Per Person)
|Land Start Date||Price From:|
|2016-11-25||USD $1,439.00||See in Cart|
|2016-11-26||USD $1,439.00||See in Cart|
|2016-11-27||USD $1,439.00||See in Cart|
|2016-11-28||USD $1,439.00||See in Cart|
|2016-11-29||USD $1,439.00||See in Cart|
|2016-11-30||USD $1,439.00||See in Cart|
|2016-12-01||USD $1,439.00||See in Cart|
|2016-12-02||USD $1,439.00||See in Cart|
|2016-12-03||USD $1,439.00||See in Cart|
|2016-12-04||USD $1,439.00||See in Cart|
Dates & Prices do not include air travel.
- Hotels on this vacation are on request for the Easter, Christmas, and New Year's holidays. These times may have a supplemental cost.
Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Monograms, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $150. Required intra-vacation air segment: Tortuguero/San Jose. Air prices were effective on July 15, 2015 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your vacation, air prices may be higher.
2017 departures are subject to itinerary and price modifications. Details will be available in July 2016.
- City Highlights
Sightseeing with a Local Guide, inside visits, and special features are shown in UPPERCASE
In San Jose; Naturalist in Tortuguero
- Launch Date
- Location Summary
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 3 lunch
- 3 three-course dinner
Costa Rica Wonders with Tortuguero
As outlined in the day-by-day itinerary
Your referral has been sent. Thank you!