Summary of The Day: The Mission District Food Tour-North takes you inside a vibrant neighborhood which is home to dozens of restaurants, with seating for thousands along the Valencia Street Corridor. The diversity and quality of the food is the biggest draw to this area's eateries. Our Mission District Food Tour takes you into this delicious and exciting world.
The mission district is the best area to find new and exciting restaurants, world famous murals, Victorian homes, nightclubs, and a thriving arts scene. Although we point out the highlights of the neighborhood as well as some unique and fun historical information, the fact is: we're really here for the food. This tour celebrates the new innovative eateries as well as those who have been in the neighborhood for decades. We work with dozens of restaurants and pride ourselves on varying our tour everyday. We change the itinerary to accommodate the group size, tastes, and the happenings of our dining choices.
Our Mission District Food Tour travels along the Valencia Street Corridor but we aren't married to one street. We traverse the side streets tasting the best dishes that represent the establishments that make them. Depending on the day, we may have tapas, Yucatecan, empanadas, organic and locavore choices, local fruits and veggies, Salvadorean, Southern BBQ (American), Chilean, Mexican, Japanese, Napoli pizza, Burmese, Thai, Vietnamese, Lebanese, Indian, cheese, home-made pies, hand-crafted bitters, small batch chocolate, hand-crafted ice cream, or third-wave coffee. The menu is never the same but this neighborhood has it all. We will stop by at least five different eateries, (usually 7) on our walk, as we eat our way along Valencia and Mission.
The tour usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but we may cancel the tour up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event. We do not issue refunds for tours cancelled due to weather conditions.
We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing on the tour. San Francisco is known for the chilly weather and rolling fog, so dress in layers and be sure to bring a jacket.
Feel free to bring a bottle of water on food tours (we still do a lot of walking!).
On the tour we will have the opportunity to shop at local neighborhood venues. Some places accept cash only. Please bring a shopping bag.
Remember that we are on public streets and sidewalks; we cannot guarantee that the entire tour is accessible. Participants in wheelchairs must provide their own assistance.
While we love our pet friends, with the exception of guide dogs (not companion animals) , the tour is not appropriate for pets. Moreover, we cannot assume liability for the behavior of pets on the tour. Please find other accommodation for your pets.
In order to protect your personal property, please carry valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.