Summary of The Day: From Bajo de la Sombra Port in El Calafate, we will arrive at the world-famous Perito Moreno Glacier. Then, we'll enjoy a 40-minute walk across the Rico Arm to reach the surface of the glacier. We will then be given crampons, special metal spikes worn on our boots, to help us traverse the glacier more easily. Then, we'll begin our adventure as we hike across this fantastic glacier and explore it's surface!
At the end of the walk, we will carve a piece of ice from the glacier and drop it into a glass of whiskey for a much deserved toast. Once finished we will make our way back on a road that cuts between a forest of lengas and the pier. Crossing the Rico Arm again, we will reach a footbridge that crosses in front of the glacier for one last look at this gorgeous piece of nature!
You MUST provide passport information for each passenger (name, passport number, nationality, date of birth) at booking. If you do not the tour will be cancelled.
The start time is an approximate departure time from your hotel. Your exact pick up time will be sent to you once you confirm your reservation.
Not available from June 1st - August 31st.
This excursion, due to the degree of effort and difficulty that presents, is not advisable for pregnant women, those who are not in good physical condition or have a disability that would limit their movement.
Footwear: Sport shoes or trekking boots, with warm wool or cotton socks are highly recommended. Rubber and apres ski boots, as well as high heel shoes are not advisable.
Outfit: Comfortable sports wear, long trousers, warm sweater or pile, water or windproof jacket, sun glasses, sun block, gloves.
Lunch: Passengers must bring their lunch boxes.
Attractions and services cannot be canceled. A voucher has no cash value and is non-transferable. No refunds, credits, exchanges, or cancellations of a voucher will be granted once voucher has been issued. Refunds will not be issued for unused or partially used attractions or services. Availability and pricing for an attraction or service are subject to change without notice.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.