Summary of The Day: Your friendly guide will greet you as you exit the Manuel Crescencio Rejon International Airport in Merida.
- Courtesy airport shuttle service is available from 8:00am to 8:00pm. Please book your flight accordingly.
- El Castellano Hotel or similar
Summary of The Day: On Day 2 we'll take an excursion to Celestun, a small sea village on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, where thousands of pink flamingos migrate in wintertime. There, we'll take a boat around the mangroves to observe the flamingos up close.
- El Castellano Hotel or similar
Merida - Mexico City
Summary of The Day: Our morning program includes a tour of the ancient Mayan city of Uxmal, highlights of which include the Governor's Palace, the Nunnery, and La Casa de las Tortugas, or House of the Turtles. Later we'll continue on to another important archaeological site: Kabah, where we'll see the impressive facade of Palace of the Masks, where the impressive facade with 250 masks of Chac God carved in stone and placed in a magnificent baroque. Afternoon flight to Mexico City, and transfer to hotel.
- Royal Zona Rosa or similar
Summary of The Day: Next we will have a whole day devoted to the stunning Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary at Piedra Herrada, a winter home for millions of gorgeous butterflies. Once arriving the site, take a horse back ride to the top of mountain to walk among the butterflies as they flutter beneath the tree canopy. When the wind blow, rustling the leaves and causing all of the butterflies to take flight in what seems like a sudden explosion of orange and black. Observe the midday spectacle as they fly down like a steady stream from the mountain to the nearby natural spring.
- Royal Zona Rosa or similar
Mexico City - Queretaro - San Miguel De Allende
Summary of The Day: Depart for Querétaro where we will visit the massive Aqueduct, tour the Church of Santa Rosa de Viterbo, and walk the streets of the Historic Downtown. From there we will continue to San Miguel de Allende, a city famous for attracting various intellectuals, artist, and writers such as the painter Diego Rivera and the poet W.W. Snodgrass. Here we will take in the emblem of the town, the neo-gothical San Miguel’s Parish, as well as other famous historical centers such as the Holy House Chapel, the Inquisitor House, and the the elaborate Spanish Barroque style San Francisco church .
- Mision de Los Angeles or similar
San Miguel De Allende - Guanajuato
Summary of The Day: Depart for Dolores Hidalgo, the famous city where the priest Don Miguel Hidalgo, began the Mexican War of Independence in 1810. Continue to Guanajuato, the site for annual International Cervantino Festival. Explore this fabulous city's beautiful colonial streets and plazas to discover famous sites like University of Guanajuato, Diego Rivera’s house, the prestigious Juarez Theater, and the legendary and romantic Alley of the Kiss. Its streets and subterranean avenues are one of a kind in the country. In the afternoon we will visit the Mummies Museum, which, you guessed it, houses original, preserved mummies of the city's former inhabitants.
- Mission or similar
Guanajuato - Zacatecas
Summary of The Day: Next we will travel to the World Heritage Site of Zacatecas. Constructed from the unique pink volcanic cantera rock, this beautiful colonial city houses the outstanding Cathedral. From La Bufa hill take in a panoramic view of this stunning city before descending in a cable car. Afterwards you will traverse the mysterious Mines of Eden.
- Hotel Emporio or similar
Zacatecas - Guadalajara
Summary of The Day: In the morning we will depart for Guadalajara, the capital of state of Jalisco and the second largest city in Mexico. Known as the Pearl of the West, Guadalajara is the famous birthplace for tequila and mariachi. During our visit to the Government Palace we will get to see the splendid mural paintings of Jose Clemente Orozco. In Tlaquepaque we will shop through stalls for hand crafted leather clothes, jewelry, and folk art. We will take in the city's love of art by visitiing the impressive Degollado Theater, the grand sculpture of Quetzalcoatle in the Plaza Tapatia, the Cathedral, and the Rotunda of Illustrious Men, a honorary site for the people of Jalisco.
- De Mondoza or similar
Summary of The Day: From Guadalajara we will take a full day excursion to the Amatitan on the Tequila Express. Here we will tour the Tequila Herradura distillery and learn all the steps to make strong and true Mexican tequila. During lunch we will enjoy Mariachi music, folk dancing and Mexican cowboy shows. On the train back to Guadalajara there will be an open bar for you to drink to your heart’s delight. Upon returning, you may head to the airport for your homeward bound flight.
- Please book your return flight after 6:00 p.m.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $1,784.98||USD $1,784.98||USD $2,354.98|
Holiday Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $1,584.98||USD $1,584.98||USD $2,094.98|
* The price is the same for all ages.|
* Single Occupancy price applies when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
* Double and Triple Occupancy applies when two and three people stay in one standard hotel room, respectively.
* Triple Occupancy price does not guarantee a third bed in the room, as each room is furnished with two (2) beds only. Please check availability when checking in.
* Maximum room capacity: 3 people including adults and child/infant.
* Tour requires at least 6 pax to guarantee the departure. For 1-5 pax, your reservation will be holding. We would contact you should another booking coming in at the same departure date as yours. The departure will be cancelled and the tour fee will be full refunded, if we cannot reach the minimum guests 3 weeks prior to the departure date. Meanwhile, your departure also can be guaranteed if you would like to pay 6 pax at a time. Do not hesitate to contact our CSR if you have any inquiry.
*Additional fees may apply for travelers under 2 years of age. Please ensure you inform us when booking if you are travelling with infants 2 years or younger by placing the number of infants and their dates of birth in the comments section when booking online.
- Complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off
- Admission fees
- 8-night hotel accommodations
- Breakfast daily
- Ground transportation in air-conditioned motorcoach
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- International and domestic airfare
- All personal expenses
- Service fee ($6.00/person per day)
- Cancellation fees:
70 days or more prior to departure date: $100.00
50 - 69 days prior to departure date: 40% of booking price will be charged.
35 - 49 days prior to departure date: 60% of booking price will be charged.
Within 34 days of departure date: Non-refundable.
- You are responsible for obtaining any and all travel documents - valid photo ID, passport and visa - required to enter Mexico and return to your home country. Please check with the relevant immigration authorities for actual requirements.
- To protect your personal property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
- For customers who will self transfer to hotel on day, according to the hotel's policy, the guests need to arrange their check-in after 3:00pm (local time), if the guests arrive at the hotel before 3:00pm (local time), they will have to wait until 3:00pm (local time) to check-in. WE apologize for any inconvenience.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
We are wondering if you are operating this tour in 2016 or have any tours with Monarch Butterfly component available in early March 2016?
Yma 11/02/2015 05:55:54
Thank you for choosing Tours4Fun!
This is the only tour visiting Monarch Butterfly.
For the tours in the following link, the tour schedule of 2016 has not yet been updated. Please check back on the calendar tour page in January 2016 for updates.
Customer Service Rep
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7