Summary of The Day: If kayaking in Melbourne wasn’t a unique enough experience for you, why not kayak in Melbourne by moonlight? This Melbourne kayak tour is certainly not one to be missed; it’s a way to get a feel for Melbourne and discover the city from a perspective that few get to experience.
Your Melbourne kayak tour will start in Victoria Harbor, which is located in the Docklands. After a quick but thorough safety brief that will introduce you to a few paddle techniques, you’ll take to the water and explore the Docklands. This will give you a chance to get acquainted and comfortable with your kayak, and learn a little about this area of Melbourne.
Next up it’s time for a bit of dinner. Instead of getting out of your kayak to find food, the food will be bought to you! You’ll enjoy an ‘on water’ dining experience by tucking into some fish and chips right from the comfort of your kayak. As if this tour couldn’t get more unique!
After your meal you’ll continue onwards on this Melbourne night tour upstream, under the iconic Bolte Bridge and through to Melbourne’s downtown. Kayak past swanky Crown Casino and alongside stylish Southbank. Paddle by the legendary Flinders Street Railway Station and beneath Princes Bridge before arriving at the approach to Melbourne’s enormous sporting precinct.
Your Melbourne kayak tour will end at the boat landing area in Southgate, in the heart of Melbourne and directly across from Federation Square. Here your local guide will be able to give you a few tips on where to continue your evening in Melbourne, or can help you arrange transport back to your accommodation.
Melbourne’s Yarra River is an excellent location for novice paddlers to experience kayaking for the first time. No kayaking experience is needed to enjoy the tour; our patient guides will be with you every step of the way. Our Melbourne tour takes place with a new fleet of extremely stable Sea Bear sea kayaks, making the experience even easier for first-time paddlers.
Ending point: Boathouse Rd near Princess Bridge (across the river from Federation Square).
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11
* Children below 6 are not permitted.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
You can wear your normal street clothes but you may want to bring a change of clothes if you are going out afterwards as you may get a little wet.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.