Barcelona - Besalu - Castellfollit de la Roca - Rupit - Cingles de Tavertet - Barcelona
Summary of The Day: Travel back to Medieval times on this small-group tour of the immaculately preserved villages of Besalu and Tavertet. Enjoy free time in Rupit, home of the Baroque-era Church of Sant Miquel, and have a traditional Catalan lunch at a local restaurant (own expense). Here you can see the remains of the Castle of Rupit as well as Castellfollit de la Roca and the Cingles de Tavertet sandstone cliffs.
Upon our arrival in the Catalonian countryside we'll take you on a guided walking tour of Besalu, a village dating back to the Middle Ages. See the arcaded streets, visit a restored mikveh (an old Jewish bath from the 12th century) and view the ruins of a medieval synagogue.
En route to the village of Rupit, we'll pass by Castellfollit de la Roca, a small town located on the edge of a basalt precipice. Enjoy two hours of free time to explore Rupit at your own leisure. Wander along the cobblestone streets lined with 16th-century cottages, or visit the Baroque-era Church of Sant Miquel. Have lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) and see the ruins of Castle of Rupit.
Enjoy a scenic drive to the top of the Cingles de Tavertet sandstone cliffs. En route to Tavertet we'll pass a field of megaliths and the Iberian Wall. Designated a National Property of Cultural Interest for its 48 well-preserved 17th and 18th-century homes, Tavertet never fails to impress. After your guided tour of the village grab a coffee at a local cafe (own expense) or walk to the lookout point to see the views over the Panta de Sau.
This tour departs at 8:30AM from opposite the Palau de la Musica, C/ Palau de la Musica, 1, 08003, Barcelona.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart.
Please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave valuable items unattended during the tour service. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.