Summary of The Day: You've bound to have heard of classical Athens and its famous mythology, but few have take time to discover the gap between the ancient and modern times. Take a journey with us back in time (but not too far back) to discover Medieval Athens, a time of Emperors and priests, change and transformation.
Our 4 hour stroll will pass through 1500 years of history. Your local guide will help you uncover the history of the mighty Byzantine Empire that left traces throughout the Plaka district, traces rife with both glory and corruption. Along the way, discover the roots of Christianity by visiting the site where Apostle Paul preached to the citizens of Athens, and the classic churches that survived turmoil and war to this day. Lastly, learn about the historic Ottoman Empire who called this city home for nearly 400 years and added their own touch to its history.
After this tour, you'll have time traveled through Greece's most turbulent periods and met the rich and culturally diverse identity of Athens.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 18 and older
* Child: 12-17 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 12.
* Group size: up to 12 pax.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
A 4-hour Medieval Athens walking tour with an excellent local guide
A traditional Greek coffee in a cozy place downtown
Tickets for the Bath House of the Winds (2.00 EUR)
Our walk begins at 10:00am & we would like to start on time as to avoid delays & see the most of the city. We suggest you be there 10 minutes earlier, at 9:50am, so you can get to know your local guide & the rest of the group. In case you can’t make it on time, please give us a call & inform us about the dela
This tour is child friendly. Our local expert will provide fascinating info & easy to understand stories about the city that will make this walk an unforgettable experience for your little ones!
Fortunately the weather in Greece is mild and warm during the most time of the year. In case of rain, though, you will be timely notified about any changes in your scheduled walk.
Prepare yourself for an exciting walk & don’t forget your hat, sunglasses, sun-block and a bottle of water. Βring along your camera so you can capture the most beautiful spots of the city. Needless to say that wearing comfortable shoes is an absolute must!
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.