Summary of The Day: Journey with us to the to the eastern end of the Coachella Valley where you will find yourself immersed in our area’s second largest industry: agriculture. Depending on the time of year and growing conditions, you may see fields of artichokes, cauliflower, peppers, strawberries, and even exotic mangoes to name just a few of the crops grown locally.
You will also pass farms that grow Red Flame and Thompson grapes, as well as groves of oranges, lemons, limes, and, dates. Can you guess what percentage of domestic dates are grown in the Coachella Valley? Take this tour to find out!
After rising above the agricultural basin, you will behold an awe-inspiring view of the Salton Sea from a vista point. As you leave the pavement and enter the majestic Mecca Hills Wilderness Area, you will be amazed by the lunar-like landscape reminiscent of Star Trek. Journey into the spectacular Painted Canyon and marvel at the incredible billion year old rainbow-colored mineral striations towering above you.
Enjoy an optional hike through narrow slot canyons. You can choose from an array of hikes including an easy nature walk, the Indiana Jones Hike, or the infamous “Hike of Death!”
Complimentary hotel pickup is available for guests staying in Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, or Indio, subject to availability.
Please select a departure time during booking and include your hotel name and address in the "Reservation Request" box during booking if you would like hotel pick-up.
Tours depart promptly. Please arrive 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time to check in.
Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Things to Bring:
+ Wear closed-toe shoes with rubber soles (such as tennis shoes or hiking boots). Sandals and shoes with high heels are not recommended.
+ Wear comfortable clothing - we recommend you dress in layers as desert temperatures can change quickly. In the cooler months (Nov through March), we suggest you bring a light sweater or jacket.
+ Bring a hat and sunglasses and apply sunscreen before the tour.
+ Don't forget your camera or video camera and make sure your batteries are charged up and you have plenty of film.
Guests with neck, back, or serious injuries and women who are pregnant are advised to consult with their doctor before taking any Jeep Tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.