Summary of The Day: Join us for this fantastic opportunity to get up close and personal with Marlborough Sounds's diverse and astounding wildlife, from Little Blue Penguins to Rowi Kiwis! You'll travel on our state of the art vessel and with local wildlife experts who will regale you with the natural history of the region, including the stories of both Maori and European settlers.
Our expedition will lead us to the Kaipupu Wildlife Sanctuary where we'll take a nature hike to encounter the region's amazing animals. There are also plenty of self-guide information in the Sanctuary that will introduce you to the local flora and bid species who thrive here. If you wish, you may bring a bottle of wine and some snacks and relax in the sanctuary's picnic area or take a dip in the lovely beaches here.
The departure point is located conveniently on Picton's main Waterfront with car parking close by and only a 1-minute walk from the main street. Just look for the Dusky Dolphin outside our shop! Come inside to see our stunning display of life size models of the wildlife species you will encounter on your experience. Wildlife information can be downloaded FREE to your phone.
We will have a introduction briefing 30 minutes before tour departure.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15 years of age
* Participation is free for children younger than 5.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand dollars (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
The tour may be cancelled due to poor weather conditions. If it is cancelled by us before the scheduled departure because of safety concerns arising from poor weather, you will be entitled to receive a full refund.
- 30 or more days prior to the departure date: 10% of tour cost will be charged.
- 16-29 days prior to the departure date: 50% of tour cost will be charged.
- 0-15 days prior to the departure date: 100% of tour will be charged.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.