Summary of The Day: Since 1947, our artists and craftsmen have designed and built the oldest and biggest parade floats and attractions for each Mardi Gras season, with more than 500 floats built and decorated each year.
When you begin your Mardi Gras tour, you’ll get an overview of the history of Mardi Gras in New Orleans before our guides take you through our float den, where our artists work year-round to build spectacular floats and props. You never get this close to the floats while they’re rolling in Mardi Gras parades, and this is certainly the only place to see how these amazing pieces come to life each year. When you’re sightseeing in New Orleans or looking for fascinating tours in New Orleans, this is something you just can’t miss. Come see where the Mardi Gras magic is made!
Hours of Operation:
Daily 9:30 am - 5:30 pm. Tours begin every half hour, with the last tour beginning at 4:30 pm.
We understand that it can be expensive to travel while sightseeing in New Orleans, so if you don’t have a car or don’t want to pay for parking, let us pick you up. We offer a complimentary shuttle for people interested in taking our day tour, with designated pick-ups downtown and in the French Quarter.
There are no prearranged pick-ups, so just give us a call when you are at one of the designated spots, tell us how many are in your party (limit of 20) and we will quickly pick you up! We are located at 1380 Port of New Orleans Place, on the south end of the Convention Center.
*Shuttle Route - Downtown*
01) Mardi Gras World Shuttle Stop
02) Marriott on Canal St.
03) Astor Crowne Plaza
04) Ritz-Carlton Maison Orleans
05) Roosevelt New Orleans
06) Le Pavillon Hotel
07) Drury Inn & Suites
08) Whitney Wyndham
09) Staybridge Suites
10) Loews New Orleans
11) Harrah's Hotel
12) Hilton New Orleans Riverside
13) Wyndham Riverfront
14) Marriot Convention Centre
15) Hampton Inn & Suites
16) The Hyatt Place
*Shuttle Route - French Quarter*
01) Cafe du Monde: 800 Decatur St.
02) Bourbon Orleans Hotel: 717 Orleans St.
03) Dauphine Orleans Hotel: 415 Dauphine St.
04) Hotel le Marais: 717 Conti St.
05) Hotel Mazarin: 730 Bienville St.
06) Basin St. Station: 501 Basin St.
Mardi Gras World is closed on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and Mardi Gras Day.
We will close at 2:00 pm (last tour begins at 1:00 pm) on Christmas Eve, as well as the Saturday, Sunday and Monday before Fat Tuesday.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.