New York - Hartford - Talcott Mountain State Park - New York
Summary of The Day: Join us for a lovely fall foliage tour and day trip from New york! First up we'll journey to the state capital of Connecticut, Hartford, where we'll visit Mark Twain’s house (admission not included). Perfectly preserved to honor the legacy of this great American author, Twain’s mansion is richly decorated with all the original contents.
Next, we will travel to Bushnell Park in downtown Hartford to view the lovely fall foliage. Located at the core of the City of Hartford, visitors can gain a magnificent visual point for the city. We will be able to see the most famous landmarks of this historic city such as Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch, Connecticut State Capitol, Corning Fountain, Bushnell Park Carousel, Performance Pavilion, and Park River.
Afterwards, we will visit Talcott Mountain State Park, one of the top spots for foliage viewing in Connecticut. This state park features a 165-foot historic tower (Heublein Tower) that offers a panoramic view of the Talcott Mountain and Hartford, especially in the fall. Although a 1.25-mile easy hike is required to get to the tower and an additional 120 steps will be needed to get to the top of the tower, but it's totally worth the commanding view at the end.
Then we'll begin our scenic journey back to New York.
The return time is at around 8:00pm but it may depend on traffic and weather conditions.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult: 10 and older
*Child: 9 and younger
*Additional fees may apply for travelers under 2 years of age. Please ensure you inform us when booking if you are travelling with infants 2 years or younger by placing the number of infants and their dates of birth in the comments section when booking online.
Professional Bilingual (Chinese and English) Tour Guide
Pick-up and drop-off to chosen location (see meeting point)
Service Fee for tour guide/bus driver (min. USD 8.00/day per person)
All personal expenses
Optional tours (Prices may vary due to seasonality and are subject to final confirmation. All optional tours that include a service fee must be paid for in cash before joining the tour.)
- Mark Twain House & Museum: $19.00/Adult; $11.00/Child(6-16); $16.00/Senior(65+)
Tour guides and drivers rely upon the service fees charged on the tour to supplement their income. The wages of tour guides and drivers are determined factoring in that they will receive service fees to augment their earnings. Please pay at least the recommended service fee because the tour guides and drivers work hard to accommodate many people on the tour.
If you need to change your pick-up location, please notify us vie email at firstname.lastname@example.org 72 hours before the tour's departure. If you change your pick-up location without notification and miss your pick-up, we will treat this situation as a no-show and no refund will be given.
The itinerary and operating dates may change due to weather, traffic and other reasons during our busy season. Please reconfirm your order prior to the departure date.
You may be transferred to a central meeting point from your pick up location prior to departing on your tour.
In order to protect your property, please carry valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1. Guests are not allowed to use a CITY PASS and admission ticket purchased by themselves to join the sightseeing attractions included in this tour.
2. Guests who do use a CITY PASS or admission ticket purchased by themselves, will not be offered the transportation service for that day, and will possible need to pay a penalty fee. Please consult your tour guide for details.
Language: This tour is escorted by a professional bilingual tour guide and/or driver guide(English/Chinese). Tours and/ or languages may be combined to operate this tour depending on the number of passengers who have booked a particular departure.
Bus Arrangement: Passengers on the same reservation will be arranged on the same bus unless stated otherwise. If you wish to be on the same bus as another party /an existing reservation, please note your request with the reservation number in the comment section on the checkout page or notify us at least 24 hours prior to tour departure.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.