Summary of The Day: We’ll kick off this jam-packed Madrid tour at the spot where the city was founded - and what better place to start!
Here, you’ll meet your local guide, who will begin by giving you an introduction and feel for the city of Madrid. We’ll wander along to the bustling, bohemian neighborhood of La Latina, which was the center of the settlement and is now full of charming coffee shops and traditional restaurants. With the help of your local guide, you’ll stumble upon all the little gems La Latina has to offer, such as a 17th century garden, old inns transformed into chic, trendy hotels and a square that was once used as a bullring.
As we continue to tour Madrid, we’ll cross an old gorge and reach the old main street, which was the center of commerce in Madrid for centuries. We’ll take a step back in time to Madrid of years past and stop off at an old cloister convent to taste some delicious sweets made by nuns!
Next up, we’ll head to Lavapies, Madrid’s multicultural neighborhood. Home to the original born and raised Madrilenos - a name for the people of Madrid - this area has now turned in to a fusion of all kinds of world cultures. African restaurants rub shoulders with Asian shops and Indian cafes, and local traditions mix with what’s hot on the alternative art scene. We’ll take our time to get to know Lavapies by visiting a lively food market and an arts center, and learning about gypsy and flamenco culture in Madrid. We’ll make another stop here to enjoy a local snack from one of the multicultural stores, and discuss the issues that surround immigration in this area.
To create the perfect finish for this Madrid city tour, we’ll take a short metro ride to one of the city’s most breathtaking spots, a place that will give you epic views right over the cityscape. Some people say that one of the best things about Madrid is its beautiful sky, and at the end of this Madrid tour you’ll find out why!
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years old
* Not available for children under 6.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please check in at the departure location 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Comfortable clothes and walking shoes are recommended.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.