Summary of The Day: Begin your Madrid tapas tour at a popular market right in the centre of the city, the perfect place to cosy up to Madrid’s food scene. Here, your local tour leader will give you an introduction to Spanish food, and the jewel in Spain’s foodie crown - tapas. Learn about the history of this tasty cuisine over some of the most typical tapas dishes you will find all over the city and country as a whole. Because we all learn best by trying things for ourselves, right?
As we continue our tapas adventure in Madrid, we’ll head to a typical beach bar of the south - known to as a “chiringuito” - where we’ll be introduced to a few fish dishes and learn a bit about sustainable fishing. Then, to help you digest some of the treats we’ve just tried, we’ll take a walk across the main square, then onwards to the oldest restaurant in the world, getting a history lesson from your local guide as we go.
Next, we’ll head to one of the most important old neighborhoods in the city, La Latina, where we’ll visit a traditional “Copla” (heritage folk music) tavern. There, we’ll sample a seafood delicatessen recipe from the north of Spain, along with some organic wines from small family-operated wineries.
Depending on the day, we may also have the chance to try some tapas and wine while overlooking the sunset from a rooftop terrace. We’ll also head to the Huertas neighborhood, where we’ll stop at Madrid’s most famed draught beer bar - the team there are experts the city’s craft beer scene!
Then, it’s back to the 18th century, as we finish our Madrid tour in a historical sherry bar - you’ll feel like time has stopped in this place that maintains the same atmosphere from 100 years ago.
We’ll say our goodbyes in Puerta del Sol, the central square of Madrid, where you can either go back to your hotel or continue the night along! If you want to keep going, you’re in the perfect spot to explore other neighborhoods such as Chueca or Malasana. Just ask your local guide and they’ll lead you to them!
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under the age of 6 are not allowed on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please check in at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to begin.
Comfortable clothes and walking shoes are recommended: We recommend you bring a water bottle, sunscreen, and hat during the summer months.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.