Summary of The Day: Get off the beaten market tours visiting the biggest local-only market in Madrid. Walk around the 200 market stalls with the tips and tricks of a local guide. We'll see homemakers as chefs buying their daily fare for their delicious Mediterranean recipes.
Enjoy a real and unique experience learning about the fresh seasonal products and ingredients: the secret source of a Spanish cuisine.
Our tour starts off by filling one's belly with a typical Spanish brunch of churros and chocolate, coffee, toast, and fresh tomatoes with olive oil or a Tapa of Tortilla (Spanish omelet). It's your choice! Once we have gathered strength we are ready to visit the big market and discover all the variety of fresh Spanish products sold in there.
We will visit Spain's largest fresh foods market at 8,800 square meters (10,524.71 square-yards), complete with stalls of fruit and vegetables, delicious olives, meats, hams, and fresh fish & shellfish from our three seas.
We will make several stops in different stalls, learning first-hand from the shopkeepers of the best seasonal products to buy. Don't miss the opportunity to buy delicious ingredients at great prices like saffron, paprika, canned bask white tuna, extra virgin olive oil and quirky jams of red peppers or chestnuts.
Discover the secrets behind the famous Spanish cuisine!
Please provide details of any special requirements (dietary, allergies or otherwise) in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
This tour starts at 10:00am from Plaza Isabel II, right beside statue of Queen Isabel II (close to the Metro station: Opera).
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Number of Adults
* Price is per person.
* This tour is only for guests 18 years or older.
* This tour requires a minimum of 2 guests to depart.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please provide details of any special requirements (dietary, allergies or otherwise) at the time of booking.
This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
This tour starts from Plaza Isabel II, right beside statue of Queen Isabel II (close to the Metro station: Opera).
Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour.
Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.