Summary of The Day: The Loire Valley is a sensual heaven!
From the sight of its magnificent castles and the smell of its blossoming gardens to the taste of its rich wines - it is hardly a wonder that the area is best known as the Garden of France.
Take in the beauty of the area as our English-speaking guide leads you through two of the region's most stunning chateaux, marvel over the complexity of the Loire Valley wines in a prestigious local vineyard and then soak up the tranquility over lunch served amongst the vines.
After leaving Paris in a comfortable air-conditioned coach, our tour heads straight into the Loire Valley towards Chateau Chambord. Building on this beautiful chateau was started in 1519 by King Francis I, who used it as a hunting lodge. Considering its spectacular architecture, luxurious furniture, ornamental ceiling vaults and astounding staircases however (one of which is said to have been designed by Leonardo da Vinci when he was a guest of King Francis I), Chambord is every inch the castle. And be sure to keep an eye out for frolicking deer and wild boar as you stroll along the castle's lush grounds!
By now it must be time for lunch so it's back to the bus and on to our next stop - the Nitray Vineyards. Here you will enjoy a great home-cooked lunch and sample some of the region's best wines, including a crisp Sauvignon Blanc and a full-bodied Cabernet Rouge. Your guide will take you through the tasting flight, pointing out the different noses and flavors that you will experience. Finally, you will end your visit with a tour of the vineyard .
Our last stop is a tour of the Ladies' Chateau, Chateau de Chenonceau, an elegant 16th century castle that is sure to steal your heart at first sight with its smooth white stone and intricate painted wooden door. Inside the castle is well-maintained with original stone carvings, immense tapestries and an intimate chapel. Almost equal in beauty are the castle grounds and many gardens, planted by the famous ladies who owned the Ladies' Chateau and gave it its name.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Children younger than 4 are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Expert English-speaking guide
Access and all entry fees to three of the most interesting Loire Valley castles
Return transport from Paris on a comfortable air-conditioned coach
Lunch and wine tasting at Nitray plus an optional wine tasting at Chenonceau
It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure point on time.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure and present your voucher to the tour coordinator.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.