Summary of The Day: See and taste your way through the city on this tour of Lisbon packed with historic highlights, culinary delights and local interaction.
Your highly-knowledgeable guide will meet you at historic Restauradores Square, where a striking obelisk commemorates the restoration of Portugal's independence in 1640, after decades of Spanish rule.
We'll walk past the train station in the florid Gothic style, then visit Rossio Square to discover how much the city has changed since the devastating earthquake of 1755.
Then we'll explore seductive Mouraria - a fusion of cultures you won't see on other Lisbon tours. Thanks in large part to its seafaring past, Lisbon has been influenced by many different cultures and traditions, producing a rich tapestry of sights, sounds, flavors and aromas.
We'll pass small churches, mosques and shops selling goods from far-flung places. We'll learn about Fado, Lisbon's very own musical genre, and walk past the birthplace of the legendary Maria Severa, Fado's first superstar. Our next stop is a small bakery whose traditional pastries and espresso will provide a much-needed pick-me-up!
After seeing the sights and soaking up some of the local history, we'll stop in at another shop to taste Portuguese cheese and authentic marmalade. Then we'll explore the bohemian districts of Chiado, Bairro Alto, and Bica, stopping at a lookout in Bairro Alto for a refreshing drink and breathtaking views of the city. Next, we'll board a ferry on the Tagus River - the subject of many Portuguese songs and poems - bound for Cacilhas, where Portuguese green wine and freshly-caught seafood await!
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under 6 years of age are not permitted on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.