Summary of The Day: Take an exclusive tour to meet the legends and champions of Australian horse racing!
To start the day off, we'll tour behind the scenes of the Melbourne Cricket Ground, the super stage for Australian sport, stadium for the 1956 Olympics, Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games, International Cricket and Australian Rules Football. Highlights of the tour (all subject to availability) include: The Olympic Stand, Media Centre, Players change rooms (football and cricket), Cricket viewing room, the exclusive Member's areas - including the Long Room, Bill Lawry Cricket Centre, The Ponsford Stand - Aerial views, and walk on the hallowed turf (arena).
Next, we'll explore the National Sports Museum, located at the iconic MCG and featuring more than 2500 sporting artefacts and extensive multi media displays, showcasing the great moments in Australia’s sporting history. We'll get to visit the relocated Champions Racing Museum & Gallery. More than just a museum, it captures the spirit of Australian sporting life and relives the moments that have shaped Australia’s rich sporting traditions.
Today's highlight is the "Living Legends," host to our favourite retired champion race horses. Meet the horses, watch kangaroos in their natural environment, and enjoy afternoon tea.
Living Legends has been established to bring retired champion horses back to the public. It is situated at Woodlands Historic Park. Living Legends is home to retired champion racehorses such as Fields of Omagh, Might and Power, Silent Witness, Apache Cat, Better Loosen Up, Rogan Josh, Chief De Beers, Brew, Efficient, Zipping and Paris Lane.
Living Legends is modeled closely on the Home of Rest for Horses in the United Kingdom and like the Home of Rest they aim to support equine research, education and training to benefit horses of all ages and breeds. Special emphasis, however, is given to the care of older horses.
We'll also have a pub style lunch at Harbourtown Hotel in Docklands.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 years and older.
* Child: 6-14 years.
* This tour require a minimum of 6 guests is required for departure.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
This tour departs at 9:00am from outside the entrance to Melbourne Day Tour Centre at Federation Square, Russell St.
City Hotel Pick Ups available on request.
Although every effort is made to adhere to the itinerary specified some venues may not be available on requested day due to events. Every effort will be made to inform the agent/client of tour cancellations/alterations prior to tour date.
In order to protect your personal property, please carry valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.