Summary of The Day: Prepare yourself to discover one of Iceland's most gorgeous and colorful regions with a day trip from Reykjavik to the Pearl of the Central Highlands, the Landmannalaugar mountains!
We'll pick you right up from your hotel in the morning and travel into southern Iceland's majestic countryside as we enter the highlands. We'll pass through depart from Reykjavik and head to the interior geothermal area Landmannalaugar, often referred to as “The Pearl of the Central Highlands”. We journey through Þjórsárdalur valley and visit Hjálparfoss, a spectacular waterfall and one of the tallest in the country.
Then we'll enter the Landmannalaugar region, which was shaped over centuries by Iceland's volcanic activity into a raw and awe-inspiring landscape. It is extremely popular for hikers looking to explore Iceland's untouched wilderness and explore the numerous trails that line the region. Feel free to follow one of the lighter hikes up long the mountains or take a dip in the hot and cold springs here.
After exploring here we'll begin our journey back to Reykjavik, passing by Hekla, an active volcano that was once considered the gateway to hell.
We recommend bringing your bathing suit and a towel if you want to take a dip into the natural geothermal spring at Landmannalaugar.
Hiking in Landmannalagar may involve walking over rocky, uneven trails, as well as changes in elevation.
This tour departs at 8:30am and returns at 8:30pm.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.