Summary of The Day: Lake Minnewanka (home of the 'Banff Crasher Squirrel') lies in the heart of the Canadian Rockies in Banff National Park, just a short 15 minute drive from the town of Banff.
The Banff Lake Cruise provides a unique sightseeing tour experience on one of two 43-passenger Lake Cruisers or our 65-passenger Alberta Explorer or Daughter of the Peaks II vessels.
This magnificent interpretive lake cruise of Minnewanka and the scenic Canadian Rockies is one hour and provides unique photo opportunities unavailable anywhere else. Our experienced crew will guide you through this rugged paradise richly steeped in history, native folklore and geology. The narration is intriguing, entertaining and informative. You will learn about the wildlife and vegetation that inhabit these mountains, the early explorers who named them and the tremendous forces that created them.
The Lake Minnewanka valley offers some of the most interesting and spectacular scenery found anywhere in the Canadian Rockies.
2016 Operating Hours:
Sep 19 - Oct 9 Daily departures every hour on the hour 12:00pm to 5:00pm
2017 Operating Hours:
May – Sep 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sep - Oct 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Tour prices are based on CAD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
*Adult: 16 and above
Any children 5 and under can ride the Cruise for free
*Prices are subject to change; please contact us for a quotation before making your reservation.
Please allow approximately one hour for this excursion; we recommend you arrive at the boat house 30 minutes prior to cruise.
The Lake Minnewanka boathouse is wheelchair accessible with access ramps leading down to the dock. We have the Minnewanka II boat that is available to take wheelchairs onboard.
The Banff Lake Cruise is located on Lake Minnewanka Loop - a short 10 minute drive from the town of Banff.
Rates and hours of operation subject to change without notice.
Availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis and specific departure times cannot be guaranteed without pre-purchased tickets.
Attraction tickets are non-refundable.
Unfortunately, for safety reasons, we are unable to accommodate for a stroller on the boats. They can be left at the boat docks.
The Black Anchor Snack shop is available for a variety of snacks and to-go food and drink items right off the lakeshore. Washroom facilities are available at the parking lot and there are also plentiful picnic and recreational areas around Lake Minnewanka.
It's always a good idea to dress in layers with a waterproof jacket as weather in the mountains can be unpredictable. It is always a little colder at the lake, however all our cruise boats are heated and covered. We recommend bringing sunglasses, a hat, closed-toe shoes and sunscreen.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.