Summary of The Day: Encounter the winter beauty of the Canadian Rockies with a day trip from Banff to Lake Louise, one of the gems of the Canadian Rockies. This fantastic day trips offers you over 4 hours of free time to explore the Lake and enjoy the grand collection of winter activities here. Your journey will lead you down the Bow Valley Parkway, the scenic highway to Lake Louise where you'll have the chance to spot local wildlife.
Upon arrival you'll be free to stroll along the shore, sample snowshoeing (included) with your friendly, expert guide, have a leisurely lunch at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, or even try your hand at ice skating on the frozen lake. As you walk along the trails take note of the stunning views of Mt. Victoria and Victoria Glacier, the dominate features of the lake.
If you're up for a thrilling adventure, you can join a 2 hour dog sled tour for an additional fee and traverse the Continental Divide on a 16km tour. Or if you'd like a romantic ride you can join a winter sleigh ride.
Whatever you choose to do, we're sure you'll be amazed at the pure beauty of Lake Louise and the surrounding Canadian Rockies.
Please input your hotel address in "meeting point" during booking and we'll confirm the pick-up schedule with you.
This tour departs between 10:00am and 10:15am and returns around 5:00pm.
We always recommend you wear layers and dress for the appropriate weather.
Pick up is between 10:00am and 10:15am and we leave Lake Louise about 4:00pm. You will have about 4.5hrs free time in Lake Louise. We pick up from majority of Banff Hotels. We have a 15 minute pick up window and aim to get to you as soon as we can.
There are a lot of snow shoeing trails around the lake. Our guide will bring snowshoes for you to use and instruct you on how to put them on and use them correctly. Then you are free to roam around and explore the area.
There are lots of winter activities to do once you get to Lake Louise. If snowshoeing isn’t your thing, you can hire some ice skates or cross country skis from the Chateau. We can book you a horse drawn sleigh ride or you can explore even further and join a dogsled tour that runs along the Continental Divide to British Columbia.
We have dog sled tours running at 12:00pm and 2:00pm, so you can either dogsled first then have free time to explore or explore first, then go dog sledding. We do have a weight restriction of 400lb per sled, if the weight limit is over this amount, you would have to book another sled and there would be a single supplement for the extra sled. We can fit two adults in a sled with an infant (under 5 years old) as long as the total weight is under 400lbs.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.