Summary of The Day: Visit the site that gave birth to the famous legend of “El Dorado,” and step inside a journey full of fantasy, history, mysticism and landscapes colored with a dozen shades of green. On this tour, we will travel to the north of Bogota, the village of Guatavita, which was named after the treasure hidden behind its mountains; The Guatavita Lagoon.
After walking the cobblestone streets of the “white-house village”, which holds a unique history, we will drive between potato crop fields and farmers' houses up to the highest point in which the sacred lake lies hidden amongst mountains and mist. Inside this natural reservoir dotted by lush and humid forest vegetation you can feel the mystic energy that made this lagoon a sacred place for the Muiscas. Learn about the connection with nature of this ancient people and the way gold was used as a symbol of gratitude. At the same time, get to know how this particular ritual awoke the passions of Spanish treasure hunters and other unfortunate adventurers.
On the way back, we will have a spectacular view over the Tominé Damp’s valley, and “Cerro de las Tres Viejas”. Finally, we will make a stop at La Calera, a small town, where by the side of the road we will taste the splendid “arepas” of yellow corn and cheese from vendors that lure every single car to stop and purchase.
This tour is available in the morning and afternoon.
The morning pick-up time is at 8:30am and drop-off is at 2:00pm
The afternoon pick-up time is at 2:00pm and drop-off is at 8:00pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per order.
* Adult: $107.00/person (2-4 pax); $82.00/person (5-10 pax)
* Children's rate for under 3 years is 50% of adult rate. If there are children under 3 booking the tour, please remark the birth date and contact service team to adjust price for you.
* It requires minimum 2 persons to operate the tour.
Private transportation from and to your hotel in Bogotá area
Expert guide in the language of tour preference (Spanish, English, Portuguese, Italian, French)
Please input your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
The order of the tour can be modified due to weather conditions.
The tour might take longer than usual. Guatavita lake is closed on Mondays (or Tuesdays if Monday is a bank holiday).
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.