Summary of The Day: This seasonal Kuala Lumpur walking tour begins with a special tasting of local Malay cuisine. Although it is Ramadan, you won’t have to wait until sunset to enjoy a feast of Malay delicacies including nasi kerabu (a vegetarian rice dish), curries and delicious desserts like bubur pisang (sweet banana pudding).
Full and satisfied, we’ll walk off our meal through a buzzing Ramadan night market. After sunset, these bazaars come alive with hungry Muslims breaking fast and local merchants competing for their business. They are by far the best places to sample home-cooked, unusual Malay dishes and have an authentic cultural experience of Kuala Lumpur during Ramadan.
From there, we hop on a train and travel to Masjid Jamek, one of the oldest mosques in Kuala Lumpur. Situated on the river, the Jamek Mosque was built in 1909 on the first Malay burial ground in the city. We continue our Kuala Lumpur walking tour through the Indian-Muslim neighborhood, sampling local dishes along the way.
Our tour concludes with a visit to Malaysia’s Independence Square. Here, you’ll get an insight into Kuala Lumpur’s history and development before heading into Chinatown for a visit to off the beaten path stores and restaurants to taste their local fare. When your Kuala Lumpur tour comes to an end, you’ll probably need to explore a bit more before you’re ready for the next meal - but be sure to ask your local guide for recommendations of other tasty restaurants and lesser-known sites.
The tour ends at KL Sentral Train Station at around 7:30pm.
Dress standard: Shoulders and knees must be covered for modesty - no tank tops or shorts.
For this tour you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.