Summary of The Day: You will be picked up at the local office at 2 St. Jana street. Alternatively, you can join the tour at your hotel at the time arranged.
Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the most precious and fascinating Polish monuments. The first tourist trail in Wieliczka was established as early as at the turn of the 19th century. A couple of centuries later the salt mine was designated as one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites (1978). The underground trail leads through numerous drifts, galleries and chambers, where traces of mining activity have been preserved, as well as examples of sacred art, theme compositions relating to the history of the mine and legends. Wielicza is at the same time the world's largest mining heritage museum with a collection encompassing unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages until today. Moreover, the microclimate of the mine has a beneficial impact on visitors who suffer from asthma and allergies. The tour starts with a descent down the stairs to the depth of 64 meters. Visitors are led through a number of chambers and shown underground lakes, shrines and salt monuments. The trip finishes at the level of 135 meters below the surface. Visitors return to the surface by lift.
You will be dropped back at your original point of pick-up in Krakow in an air-conditioned bus.
10/7/2016 at 3:00pm
10/8/2016 at 3:00pm
10/12/2016 at 3:00pm
10/15/2016 at 3:00pm
10/17/2016 at 3:00pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 6-15 years old
* Children under 6 are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
The tour takes place under the supervision of a guide.
The temperature in the mine is constant (about 14 degrees), and therefore it is recommended to bring warm clothing even in the summer.
There are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start.
It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
Part of the route has wheelchair access, although prior booking is necessary.
It is forbidden to smoke and use open flame in the mine.
A printed voucher must be handed in at the beginning of the trip.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.