Summary of The Day: Do you want to learn how to make pierogis like a pro? Or try your hand at whipping up some Polish placki? Come with us on this Krakow food tour and you’ll learn how to cook up a storm in the kitchen just like the locals do!
You’ll meet your local guide just outside the center of the city, showing you a different side to Krakow right from the start. You’ll go shopping with your guide on this Krakow markets tour through a bustling Saturday market, and get all the insider info on the fresh vegetables and produce for sale along the way. Your guide will even be able to teach you some expressions in Polish if you wish, so that you can barter at the market like a true Krakow native!
Next on this Krakow tour, you’ll be taken to a family home, where you’ll be able to put all that delicious fresh produce to use and get some cooking lessons from Krakow locals. You’ll be taught how to make a pierogi, a typical Polish dish (kind of like a dumpling), or prepare a placki, which is a kind of Polish potato cake. Whilst you’re cooking, you’ll have the chance to listen to traditional Polish classical, folk or rock music, just to set the scene perfectly for your authentic cooking experience.
Finally, you’ll be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor and tuck into all the Krakow food you’ve been making. As you’ll be eating with a Polish family, this will also be your chance to ask all those questions you have about Polish culture, and your hosts will be very happy to teach you all about their country. Eat, drink, and be merry - Krakow style!
You will be responsible for arranging your own transportation back to your hotel. We can also show you how to get back to the city centre via local transport.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11
* Children younger than 6 are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please check in at the departure location 15 minutes before the tour begins.
You will be in a small group of a maximum of 6 people.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.