Summary of The Day: Whether you’re a local or visiting from overseas, seeing Kiwi in their natural habitat is an experience not to be missed. Kapiti Island is home to over 1,200 Little Spotted Kiwi, making it one of the densest population of Kiwi to be found, and one of the easiest places to see them in the wild.
We'll depart from Paraparaumu and travel by ferry to Kapiti Island. Here you'll be welcomed by one of our experienced nature guides who'll give you an introduction to the island's local flora and fauna. We'll spend the midday exploring Rangatira and discovering the bushlands of the middle of the island.
In the afternoon we'll transfer from Rangatira to our lodge at the north end of the island. We'll spend the night in comfy cabins, luxurious glamping tents, or the beach bungalow with ensuite. In the evening we'll enjoy a delicious meal at the lodge before heading out on a night time Kiwi spotting walk. Let your expert guide lead you into the bush to discover these amazing naimals.
Our ferry departs from the Kapiti Boating Club at Paraparaumu Beach at approximately 9:00am. Please check in at the Kapiti Boating Club no later than 8:30am.
Dinner is included. We suggest you bring a packed lunch for today.
* Adult: 18 and older
* Child: 17 and younger
* Prices for Single Occupancy apply when one person stays at our lovely Lodge, with the choice of Cabin, Tent or Ensuite accommodation.
* Prices for Double/Triple/Quadruple Occupancy apply when two/three/four people stay at our lovely Lodge, with the choice of Cabin, Tent or Ensuite accommodation.
* Triple/Quadruple occupancy is not available in the Tent.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand dollars (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
1-night accommodation at Kapiti Nature Lodge, with the choice of cabin, tent or ensuite
2 meals, including tea/coffee/snacks
DOC brochure and guide book
Ferry transport to/from Kapiti Island
Obligatory DOC landing permit and local council permit
Guided Kiwi Spotting walk
Complimentary New Zealand wines and beer
Opportunity to engage with other endangered New Zealand birds like Takahe, Kaka, Weka, Tieke (saddleback) Kereru, Kokako, Hihi and Toutouwai (robin)
Accommodation options include our comfy cabins, luxurious glamping tents, or the beach bungalow with ensuite.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.