Summary of The Day: Explore one of the most gorgeous regions in Malaysia with a day trip from Kota Kinabalu! After picking you up from your hotel we'll head out to Tamparuli Town, where we'll visit Historical Wooden Shop houses of olden days and walk across the “Jambatan Tamparuli,” a suspension bridge which is the famous landmark in that small town to get a feel of kampong lifestyle.
From here we'll head to Kinabalu Park, traveling approximately 1 1/2 hours as we pass by villages and paddy fields along mountainous roads that wind along the Crocker range. Along the way, we'll make a brief stop at Nabalu, where the locals gather to sell local produce, fruits, home grown vegetables and handicraft souvenirs.
Then we'll arrive at the wondrous Kinabalu Park, where you will notice the change in air temperature. Enjoy the refreshing and cooling air as you proceed for a walk along the nature trails in the Botanical Garden. If the day is clear, you may even spot a majestic view of Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain between the New Guinea and Himalaya. Kinabalu Park boasts an estimate of 4,500 species of plants which include 1,500 species of orchids, 77 of which are endemic to Kinabalu. The park also supports 289 species of birds and 290 different types of butterflies.
After the walk, we'll depart for lunch at a local restaurant.
Following lunch, we'll head to the Poring Hot Spring. At approximately 47 kilometers from Kinabalu Park, Poring Hot Spring got its name from the tall bamboo plant that is abundant in that area. At this natural hot spring, there are Japanese baths where visitors can soak themselves and let the invigorating sulfurous water stimulate the body. It is believed to have curative powers.
Visitors can also try the Treetop Canopy Walk, where suspension bridges are suspended at the top of the tropical jungle. Experience the height of 41 metres above the ground and length of 157 metres. A 20 minutes hike is needed to reach the Canopy Walkway.
After a relaxing soak, bid Kinabalu park goodbye as you return back to your respective hotel.
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
Wear comfortable shoes and clothes. Cotton T-shirts with long or short pants recommended. Sandals/Slippers recommended.
Tours4fun requires passengers to be aware of the importance of travel insurance when traveling on adventure style tours. We strongly advise to take out travel and cancellation insurance to cover against cancellation costs, lost or damaged luggage or costs incurred from injury or illness. If you choose not to travel with travel insurance please be aware Tours4fun or any of its affiliates will take no liability for any cost incurred while traveling on this tour.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.