Please note that order of day-to-day itinerary is adjustable depending on tour start day.
Arusha/Moshi - Machame
Summary of The Day: Get ready to cross another amazing trip off your bucket list with a climb up Kilimanjaro!
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Arusha or Moshi at around 8:00am and drive to the Machame Gate (1800m). Here we'll secure your permit papers, grab our equipment, and begin our climb.
We'll travel through a gorgeous rainforest located on the Kilimanjaro for around 5-6 hours , enjoying a picnic lunch along the way. We'll arrive at the Machame Camp (3000m) where we'll settle in for the night and enjoy dinner.
Summary of The Day: After the breakfast, we'll begin our trek to the next campsite, Shira. We'll travel through a scenic forest and then more into the foggy moorlands. The journey will take us between 4 - 5 hours where we'll pass the fascinating fauna of Kilimanjara and enjoy lunch.
Then we'll arrive at the Shira Camp (3840m), which rests in a wide open space with perfect views of the surrounding landscape, and enjoy dinner before settling down for a good night's rest.
Summary of The Day: After breakfast, we'll continue through the moorlands into the Kilimanjaro alpine desert. This will be one of the roughest climbs but it is well worth it to see the magnificent Lava Tower (4600m). After resting with lunch we'll continue down from here to the Baranco Camp (3940m), which rests in the moorlands. This trek will take 7 hours.
In Baranco we'll have dinner and relax beside the giant groundsels that grow here before settling in for the night.
Summary of The Day: Following breakfast, we'll climb up the great Baranco Wall, an imposing and amazing site but not as tough as it sounds. From here we'll enjoy lunch and pass through the alpine desert to Karanga Valley (4033m) after 4-5hrs of hiking.
Here we'll enjoy morning stunning of the surrounding, cloud covered landscape of Tanzania. Make sure to snap a photo to see how far you've come! After dinner, we'll relax with our fellow travelers.
Summary of The Day: After breakfast, we'll continue our journey to to the Barafu Camp (4650m), taking only 3 hours to arrive. Here we'll enjoy lunch and dinner. Make sure to get a lot of rest tonight and sleep early for our 2am climb on day 6.
We provide 24-hour free pick-up service for the tour starts and we will transfer to your hotel in Arusha (pre-tour accommodation is not included). Airport pick-up is always available depending on your flight.
Airport drop-off is always available depending on your flight. The tour will end from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Please book your flight accordingly.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
* Adult: 16 and older.
* Child: 6-15.
* Free for children under 6.
* Adult: $1500.00/person (2-5 persons), $1400.00/person (6-10 persons), $1350.00/person (11-15 persons).
* Children's rate for over 6 years is 50% of adult rate. If there are children over 6 booking the tour, please remark the birth date and contact service team to adjust price for you.
Professional mountain guide, mountain chef, mountain potters and assistance mountain guide
6-night campsite accommodations with tents
Transfers to Mount Kilimanjaro base from your hotel on Day 1
Pick-up and drop-off at the Airport
All park entry fee
3 meals a day
Mountain Gears like 2-person tents, mattress and sleeping bags
Tips to the mountain guides, porters.
Personal Mountain Gears like warm clothes, gloves, stick, etc.
Airport pick up is available for the day before your tour starts.
Airport drop off is available on day 3 for after the safari. We'll arrive back in Arusha between 4:00 - 6:00pm; please schedule your flight accordingly.
Otherwise, you may spend the night in a hotel in Arusha for free and fly out on day 4.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.