Summary of The Day: At 9:00am we'll journey out of Glasgow and begin our journey see The Kelpies and Falkirk Wheel.
Along the way your guide will entertain you with stories about Glasgow and give you the history and background to the two amazing sights you will see today. As we arrive at The Kelpies you'll be amazed by the stunning 30m high sculptures of two horse heads, stand guard over the entrance to the Forth and Clyde Canal.
Expertly crafted by Scottish sculptor Andy Scott, these amazing structures were designed using over 300 tons of steel and echo back to the history and heritage of working horses pulling barges on the canal. We will take a short walk through the Helix Park to appreciate the impressive beauty of the Kelpies up close - don't forget your camera!
After a short drive from here we'll arrive at the Falkirk Wheel, a fascinating feat of engineering designed and built to celebrate the millennium and to restore the link between two of Scotland's major canals. This ambitious plan created the world's only rotating boat lift, raising boats the 24m height difference between the two canals.
Because of this masterfully crafted machine, the area has experienced a rejuvenation in interested and thousands travel here each year to see this modern marvel. Inspired either by a Celtic double headed spear, a vast turning propeller of a Clydebank built ship, the ribcage of a whale and the spine of a fish, this is truly a stunning feat of engineering.
If we are lucky we'll get to watch it lift a boat between the canals. You will also have time to visit the exhibition and visitor center before heading back to Glasgow at 1:00pm.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15 years of age
* Children younger than 5 are not permitted.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
We recommend you bring suitable clothing and footwear for your tour. Unless otherwise notified passengers are restricted to one medium sized suitcase/bag (maximum 15 kilos) and one carry-on bag per person.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.