Prague - Karlstejn Castle - Prague
Summary of The Day: During this tour, you will have the opportunity to visit Karlstejn Castle, one of the most impressive Gothic castles in the Czech Republic. It was built by Czech King and Roman Emperor Charles IV in 1348 as a place for safekeeping of the royal treasures, especially Charles's collection of holy relics and the coronation jewels of the Roman Empire.
Entirely unique is the original decoration of wall paintings dating back to the 14th century, the collection of 129 panel paintings by Master Theodoric in the Chapel of the Holy Cross (the world largest of its kind), the largest portrait gallery of Czech rulers in the country, exhibited replica of the crown of the Holy Roman Emperors and St. Wenceslas crown - the coronation crown of the Czech Kings as well as the unique castle water well. Karlstejn Castle was one of the symbols of the Czech Kingdom. It is situated on a picturesque site in the middle of dense forests not far from the Capital. The trip to this castle is one of the most popular for visitors of Prague.
|Adult (18 plus)||USD $40.33|
|Child (3-10)||USD $33.97|
|Student (11 plus)||USD $36.30|
|Infant (0-2)||USD $0.00|
*Adult age: 11 and older
*Child age: 3-10
Children 2 and younger are free.
- Professional tour guide at the castle
- Local Taxes
- Hotel pick-up (depend on availability)
- All personal expenses
- This tour is available in English, German, Russian, French, Spanish and Italian.
- Please indicate language of choice during booking.
- This tour takes place at 9am except Moday from April - October. From November - March the tour only takes place Sat & Sun.
- For those not using Hotel Pick-up, please meet at Narodni Trida 38, Prague 1.
- If you are not using hotel pick up, please arrive at the departure location 20 mins prior to tour departure time.
- The castle is located on a hill at about a 2 km walk from the parking.
- Children younger than 2 years old may participate for free.
- Guides are available at the castle only.
- In the winter season, the opening hours are limited.
- Cancellations made within 2 hours of service date will be charged in full; more than 2 hours notice is fully refundable.
- During the spring and summer, we recommend that you wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes.
During the fall and winter, we recommend that you wear layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
- In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7