Summary of The Day: Johannesburg is situated on the Witwatersrand (white waters ridge), a series of hills that form the continental watershed. It boasts incredible heritage sites related to the struggle against apartheid, many of which have been developed into world-class museums.
1 - Gautrain Station @ Park
2 - Gandhi Square
3 - Carlton Centre
4 - Santarama Miniland
5 - James Hall Transport Museum
6 - Gold Reef City
7 - Apartheid Museum
8 - Mining District
9 - Newtown Precint
10 - Origins Centre at Wits
11 - The Grove, Braamfontein
12 - Constitution Hill
Soweto Tour (55 minutes) departs from Bus Stop 6, Gold Reef City:
departs at 10:05am and return at 12:00pm
departs at 12:05pm and return at 2:00pm
departs at 2:05pm and return at 4:00pm
The Soweto tour takes the following journey:
- Drive by Soccer City
- Stop at Diep Kloof (at entrance of Soweto)
- Stop at Baragwanath Taxi Rank and Hospital
- Drive by Orlando Stadium
- Stop at Hector Pieterson Memorial
- Stop at Vilakazi Street, Mandela House and Desmond Tutu house
- Stop at Kliptown
- Return to Gold Reef City
Frequency: every 60 minutes from 11:15am to 3:15pm
Full loop: 120 minutes
Ticket type: 24 or 48 hours
The vouchers can be redeemed at any of the bus stops.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15
* Children younger than 5 are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Your ticket is redeemable for 3 months from purchase.
Ticket must be used on consecutive days.
Once your reservation has been made, this tour is non-refundable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.