Summary of The Day: Todya we'll pick you up at 7:00am in Kampala and travel to Jinja.
Along the way we'll stop at the Sezibwa Falls. Sezibwa Falls, a 45 minutes drive from Kampala. This stunning area is a wonderful place for a nature walk, birding, picnics, a limited hike to the top of the falls and the cultural worship grounds with their lush greenery grounds which are suitable for camping with sound of the falls in the background.
After Sezibwa Falls we'll take a nature walk through the Mabira Forest walk. This walk will let us appreciate the lush greenery and hear the most authentic bird songs and sounds as they chatter among the rainforest's canopy.
From here we'll travel past Owen Falls Dam and then proceed to Jinja for lunch. We'll have lunch at the sunset hotel which offers two menus, the Ala carte and the buffet. Apart from their delicious meals, the sunset hotel possesses one of the best views of the source of the Nile with both the railway and car bridge in view over the sparkling water.
After lunch, we'll take a short tour around Jinja. First we'll visit the Jinja Railway Station and see the railway line that connects Uganda to Kenya. From here we'll visit the Hindu Temple which has a bronze statue of Gandhi. Next, we'll visit the local golf course which possesses a stunning view of the Nile and Lake Victoria. Finally we'll visit the Memorial Gardens where some of Mahatma Gandhi’s ashes were scattered.
To end the day, we'll take a cruise on the Nile all the way to its source and see the Speke monument where John Speke stood when he discover the source of the longest river in the world. We'll also get to see a number of water birds in the isolated tiny islands on the lake.
If the cancellation was made within 30 days prior to the departure date, it's non-refundable.
If cancellation was made more than 31 days prior to the departure date, 90% of payment will be refunded.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.