Summary of The Day: Join us on the ultimate overnight paranormal investigation. Visit Australia's home to the criminally insane, J Ward Lunatic Asylum.
Your night starts with a 2 hour ghost tour of the home of notorious criminals including Chopper Read, Gary Webb and William Wallace.
Enjoy a casual supper of pizza and soft drink in the original dining room and then follow our expert paranormal investigation team as they explore the governor's bathroom, hangman's gallows, original kitchen, showerblock, grave sites, West Wing, J Ward Block, exercise yards and grounds in search of the souls that still linger.
End the night sleeping in the original, unrenovated gaol cells.
At 8:00am we'll check out of the asylum.
Ararat is two and a half hours from Melbourne and accessible from Southern Cross Station.
This tour departs at 8:30PM from J Ward, Girdlestone Street, Ararat 3377.
What to bring: Flashlight, sleeping bag, very warm clothes, snack/drinks (no alcohol)
OPTIONAL Inflatable mattress and investigation equipment (we also supply these)
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* This tour is not appropriate for children.
* No Refunds.
* Change of date permitted with a minimum of 24 hours notice BEFORE your scheduled experience for a fee of AUD 5 per order. New date must be chosen at time of reschedule. Non-attendance and late cancellation voids your order.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
No refunds. Change of date permitted with a minimum of 24 hours notice BEFORE your scheduled experience for a fee of AUD 5 per order. New date must be chosen at time of reschedule. Non-attendance and late cancellation voids your order.
There will be light walking, so please wear comfortable shoes.
You will need to bring your own bedding (sleeping bag, pillows, inflatable mattress, etc.) as the cells are unfurnished. There are no shower facilities.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.