Summary of The Day: Eat a home-cooked meal with a local Turkish family; enjoy an evening mingling with locals at some of their favorite haunts.
The Turks are known to be some of the most generous and hospitable people in the world; on this tour you'll have the opportunity to experience their world-class hospitality firsthand. You'll join a local family for a typical Turkish meal. Your bilingual guide will act as interpreter during the meal - all part of the authentic local experience! Chat with the family and hear what it's like to live in Turkey today. Sharing a meal with a local family is a great privilege and an opportunity to gain insight into the Turkish way of life.
After feasting on delectable local dishes, we'll go out for a walk through the backstreets of Istanbul. Get a sense of the communal lifestyle in Istanbul and learn about the demographics of this endlessly fascinating city.
Afterwards, we'll head to a popular local hangout with breathtaking views of the Marmara Sea. Find a comfortable spot to watch a local match, or strike up a conversation with the locals. Backgammon is hugely popular in Istanbul; if you don't know how to play our local guide will be happy to teach you the basics.
For the last part of the tour you'll have a chance to try two of Turkey's favorite pastimes: tea drinking and water-pipe smoking. Sit back, relax and enjoy.
Pudding Shop Lale Restaurant
(Use the Sultanahmet tram stop as a point of reference - the restaurant is on the street where the tram runs through Sultanahmet, about a 3-minute walk from the tram stop.
Divanyolu Caddesi No.6 34400, Sultanahmet, Istanbul
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children younger than 6 are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart.
You will be in a small group and there may be other travelers dining with you and the host's family.
While Istanbul is quite liberal, Turks dress conservatively in public. To respect local customs, please dress in clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. This applies to men and women. Turkish people do not wear shoes in the home so wear a pair that slip on and off easily.
Winters in Istanbul can be freezing cold and summers extremely hot and humid. We recommend that you wear layers in autumn and winter, and light, breathable clothing in summer.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.