Dublin - Emo Court House - Birr Castle and Gardens - Adare
Summary of The Day: Our enchanting Ireland tour will begin today as we head out of Dublin at 9:00am to explore the rich medieval history of the countryside.
We'll begin by traveling west through the Midlands to Emo Court House. Walk with us through this 18th century neoclassical mansion and explore the beautiful parkland and gardens. Make sure to bring your camera to capture lasting memories here. We'll enjoy light refreshments in the tea rooms before continuing west through the Slieve Bloom Mountains to the unique setting of Birr Castle and Gardens.
Sadly, as this castle is still a private home we will only be able to see the exterior, but don't fret as we'll have the chance to see the world famous gardens and the unique Great Telescope
From here we'll travel to Adare, a historic village outside Limerick. Wander through Ireland's prettiest village and explore the charm of the thatched cottages and historic buildings, such as the 13th century Desmond Castle - the perfect opportunity for a group photo!
We'll spend the night here at the Dunraven Arms Hotel with dinner included.
Summary of The Day: Our tour today we'll lead us through Tipperary, Offaly and Roscommon, where we'll discover the best rural Ireland has to offer.
Beginning in the morning, we'll head north to Killaloe, which rests right on the shores of Lough Derg. Our scenic drive will lead us to Clonmacnoise - one of the earliest Christian sites in the region and perfectly set in beside River Shannon.
From here we'll travel through Athlone, spotting the imposing dark fortress of Athlone Castle, then head north past Lough Ree to Strokestown Park. Here we'll explore the magical country manor, which still holds its original furnishings and is site of a serene garden. Take this chance to explore the National Famine Museum, perfect for anyone interested in this terrible period of Irish history.
Our drive we'll lead us a short ways to Lough Rynn Castle - our home for the next two nights. We will have a welcome dinner tonight with a typically Irish menu.
Summary of The Day: Enjoy a relaxing drive as we take a day trip into the Lakelands of County Leitrim and cross the border into County Fermanagh, right in Northern Ireland.
The main event for the day will be a tour of the 18th Century Florence Court, an immaculate and inspiring country manor. Once the home of the Earls of Enniskillen, this amazing house was crafted in the Rococco style and framed by the surrounding Benauglin Mountains.
After exploring here we'll travel to Enniskillen, a historic market town and home to a 600 year old castle. Following free time here we will return to Lough Rynn Castle and relax with afternoon tea. Feel free to take the rest of the day to explore the gardens along Lough Rynn.
Summary of The Day: Enjoy some more free time in this 200 year old castle and take one final stroll through the gardens before we begin our return trip to Dublin.
Even though it is our last day we'll still have time to see some stunning attractions along the way. The first stop on our return drive will be the heritage town of Kells, where the famous Book of Kells was discovered. Enjoy lunch here (own expense) and take some time to visit St Columba’s Church and the ancient High Crosses.
From here we'll pass through the romantic rural countryside to Trim Castle, the largest Anglo-Norman castle in Ireland. This imposing structure took over 30 years to build and is nearly 900 years old.
Weather permitting, we'll get to visit the ancient site of the Hill of Tara - traditional seat of the High Kings of Ireland.
Our Ireland tour will end back in Dublin by 7:00pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15 years of age
* No children under 5 please.
* The price of a B&B and 3-star hotel is different. Please select your preference in the Easy Book section.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
3-night accommodations in 4-star hotels / manor houses
Unless otherwise notified passengers are restricted to one medium sized suitcase/bag and one carry-on bag per person. Luggage is carried free of charge but at the passenger's own risk.
- 23 days prior to departure date: 100% of tour cost
- 24-29 days prior to departure date: 25% of tour cost
- 30 or more days prior to departure date: 10% of tour cost
Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.