Summary of The Day: This day tour is a full day of natural wonders you will never forget, combining the tour's highlight inside the glacier with other remarkable sights and attractions in the area. Departing from Reykjavik in our comfortable coaches, we'll stop at Hraunfossar waterfalls, Deildartunguhver geothermal hot spring area, and the beautiful Husafell waterfall on our way to the Langjokull Glacier.
Here we'll get to explore both the outside AND inside of this amazing ice cap! Langjokull glacier is the second largest glacier in Iceland and never before have travelers been able to see the remarkable blue ice at the heart of an ice cap glacier.
The ice tunnels are man-made and composed of an extensive system of tunnels and chambers that stretch up to 300 meters into the solid ice cap towards a breathtaking ice cave at the heart of the glacier. There is enough room for everyone and even a chapel to get married! The deeper you go, the bluer the ice. Believe it when you see it. The walk INTO the glacier itself takes around one hour and is operated with highly experienced English speaking guides.
We kindly ask you to be ready for pick up at 7:45am outside of your hotel/guesthouse. The bus will stop in front of your hotel/guesthouse. The bus driver will not look for you inside.
Tour departs approximately at 8:30am from Holtagardar 10, Reykjavik. If you do not need hotel pick up service, please check in at the departure location 15 minutes before departure time.
We normally arrive back in Reykjavik at around 6:30pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 12-15 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 12.
* Tour prices are based on Icelandic Krona (ISK) and are converted into US dollars (USD). Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
English-speaking driver/guide/audio guide
Rekyjavik Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off
Tour to the ice caves on a specially modified glacier vehicle
Entrance to the glacier
Stops at Hraunfossar, Deildartunguhver geothermal hot spring area, Husafell and Langjokull glacier
For hotel pick-up, please input your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
In the winter time the duration of the tours may vary according to weather and road conditions.
We recommend you to bring:
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks
- Base and mid layer clothing
- Waterproof and warm coat
- Hat and gloves
We reserve the right to change the itinerary and mode of transport, and cancel the trip due to weather or road conditions, or circumstances beyond our control.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.