Summary of The Day: Discover majestic waterfalls, towering glaciers, and black sand beaches on this day trip from REykjavik to tour the enchanting southern coast of Iceland.
First up on our journey is the powerful and imposing Skogafoss waterfall, the icon of Iceland and most picturesque waterfall in the world. According to ancient viking legends there is a treasure hidden away behind its 25 meter wide cascades, but none have dared step behind its majestic falls to see if its true.
Next up, we'll continue east to Solheimajokull Glacier, where we'll suit up and grab our gear fora 2 hour glacier walk. Journey with an expert guide out over this enchanting winder wonderland of blue glacier ice, majestic views, and towering mountain peaks. Make sure to bring your camera to capture the best panoramic photos of the region.
Now its off for a romantic stroll along the famous black sand beach of Reynisfjara. The icy waters here intermix with the volcanic pebbles, perfectly displaying why Iceland is the land of ice and fire. Along the way we'll encounter the Gardar, imposing basalt columns that line the coastal cliffs and look eerily similar to organ pipes.
On our way back to Reykjavik will see one of the most stunning waterfalls mother nature has ever produced: Seljalandsfoss. Unlike Skogafoss, nothing impedes you from stepping behind this 60 meters tall giant and photographing the most enchanting postcard for your friends back home.
This tour departs at 8:30am and returns at 7:30pm.
Bring with you warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head wear and gloves, and preferably proper hiking boots.
You can also opt for renting sturdy hiking shoes, waterproof jacket, and pants as an extra with this tour.
Minimum age for glacier hiking is 14 years.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.