Summary of The Day: The Golden Circle route is the most popular sightseeing route in Iceland for a reason. It includes visits to Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the most renowned hot spring in the world and probably the most beautiful waterfall in Iceland. In this unique 4x4 Jeep tour you will take a drive on Iceland's second largest glacier, in addition to the classic Golden circle tour.
After you have been picked up to your hotel, you will drive to Thingvellir National Park. This UNESCO site is where the oldest existing parliament in the world was formed. It's not only one of the most historic place in Iceland, but also a natural wonder due to its location. Here you'll literally stand ON one of only two tectonic rift valleys in the worlds.
At Thingvellir, you can actually see how the continental plates of America and Europe have drifted apart. Huge canyons are the most clear manifestation of this, one of which (Peningagja canyon) is thought to make wishes come true when you throw a coin into it.
From Thingvellir we will continue to the geothermal area around the Geysir hot spring and Gullfoss waterfall (the Golden waterfall). These attractions are two of the most popular ones in Iceland - and for a reason! Everybody is blown away by the natural power that is reflected in the spouting geysers and huge waterfalls.
The first half features some classic sightseeing. But after lunch, it´s time for some action. The jeep will continue towards Langjokull glacier, Iceland’s second largest glacier, where we will try out our super Jeep vehicles off road. The ride will take you across glaciers and highlands, splashing through rivers and the rough terrain. This drive is only available for monster jeeps and you will be experiencing something absolutely unique.
After an off-road ride, we visit Faxi, a small but beautiful waterfall, and then head to the amazing Kerid crater before driving back to Reykjavik.
Snowmobiling on Langjokull glacier is optional and is offered at an additional price. Please note that if passengers choose not to do the activity they might have to wait in the car while other passengers enjoy snowmobiling. Also please note that this activity is subject to weather conditions.
Tour operates daily at 8:30am. Hotel pick-up normally is arranged about 30 minutes before the start of the tour.
Layered clothing is essential for all seasons in Iceland. Lightweight woolens, rain and windproof jacket and trousers, and good walking/hiking shoes are essential if you plan to do any hiking or other outdoor activities.
When traveling to Iceland in winter you should bring along a warm overcoat, hat, scarf, gloves, socks (preferably made of wool), as well a sweater and/or cardigan, and weatherproof shoes. Long thermal underwear (a shirt and pants), and a layer of fleece on top are also recommended.
Complimentary hotel pick-up is included, 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure. Please be ready in the lobby when the driver arrives!
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.