Summary of The Day: In one afternoon you will visit Iceland’s most renowned natural attractions and geological wonders.
On this popular excursion you'll visit Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site where the ancient Icelandic parliament Alþingi was established in the year 930 A.D.
Thingvellir National Park is home to Iceland's largest lake and where the American and European continents meet at Almannagja gorge, a huge chasm that runs through Thingvellir alongside the lake.
From Thingvellir the golden circle tour continues to the majestic Gullfoss waterfall that narrowly escaped being harnessed for a hydroelectric dam. Luckily for us we'll get to see this spectacular and gorgeous waterfall in all its glory!
Tour starts approximately at 1:00pm, and lasts for 5 to 6 hours.
Layered clothing is essential for all seasons in Iceland. Lightweight woolens, rain and windproof jacket and trousers, and good walking/hiking shoes are essential if you plan to do any hiking or other outdoor activities.
When traveling to Iceland in winter you should bring along a warm overcoat, hat, scarf, gloves, socks (preferably made of wool), as well a sweater and/or cardigan, and weatherproof shoes. Long thermal underwear (a shirt and pants), and a layer of fleece on top are also recommended.
Drop off after day tours may sometimes not be right in front of your hotel/guesthouse due to narrow streets and actual coach size used during the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.