Summary of The Day: This is your chance to visit the Land Beyond the Wall and see it brought to life with tales of the Seven Kingdoms by local guide Jon Thor Benediktsson, who also guided the Game of Thrones crew on set during filming in this area.
Today you will be entering the other worldly landscapes of Lake Myvatn where the scenes for North of the Wall were filmed.
Now it becomes apparent why the Game of Thrones production crew were drawn to this area as the majestic Waterfall of the Gods, Godafoss, greets you. According to the Icelandic Sagas the waterfall draws its name from Þorgeir of Ljosavatn throwing his statues of the heathen gods into the falls when Iceland converted to Christianity in the year 1000.
Your next stop will be the magical places were season 3 of Game of Thrones were filmed. Here you can try to relive the action in the locations seen in the series. No, you will hopefully not encounter any White Walkers, but with Iceland's rich folklore let the story telling guide boost your imagination with tales of trolls and Hidden People alongside curious facts about what happened behind the scenes of Games of Thrones.
After a day of beautiful waterfalls, volcanoes, unusual lava rock formations, steaming hot springs, bubbling mud pools and mysterious landscape you'll end the day with a splash at Myvatn Nature Baths. Not a filming location for Game of Thrones, but the calming waters relax you while imagining being surrounded by other Free Folk.
With a bit of luck the Northern Lights will entertain you during your soak, right before returning to Akureyri.
Tour departs at 9:00am and returns at 4:30pm approximately.
Please leave the name and address of your hotel in Akureyri in the comments section of the final checkout page.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.