Summary of The Day: Welcome to Hobart! Travel around the city that was once known for it's convicts and has evolved into a place known for its beautiful gardens, art galleries, sandstone cottages and some of the best food made from local produce in Australia.
See why Lonely Planet recently named Hobart as one of the top 10 cities to visit in the world. This is a very personalised and informative tour, your driver will present live commentary, sharing their knowledge and experiences of growing up and living in Hobart. Our world-class drivers are on hand to answer any questions you may have about the history and culture of Hobart. Travelling on a coach tram, there are 5 stops for terrific photo opportunities and memories.
Highlights of this tour:
- Sullivan’s Cove - Hobart’s birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park - a one time gun battery
- Battery Point - charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St. George’s Church
- Views of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St. David’s Park
- Tour past Anglesea Barracks
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt. Wellington
- Cascade Brewery
- Visit Cascade Gardens
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison
- St. David’s Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- GPO and Hobart Town Hall
- Penitentiary Chapel and Court
- Hobart Aquatic Centre
- Queen’s Domain and Government House
- Cross the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views over Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, The Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
- See the exquisite Royal Tasmania Botanical Gardens featuring ‘Pete’s Vegie Patch’, made famous by Peter Cundall of ABC’s Gardening Show
|USD $36.69||USD $18.34|
* Adult: 15 and older|
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Children younger than 4 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Write a Review and earn 200 points. Attach photos to your review and earn 25 points per photo.
Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.
Friendly & informative tour guide which made for an enjoyable morning. Also, tour ran to advertised time which was great for post tour afternoon planning.
The tour guide was excellent, very interesting, friendly and courteous. All questions were answered promptly and in full and he had a good sense of humour. It was just the right length of tour as well.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.