Summary of The Day: Good afternoon and welcome to Hobart! A city of yachts and spinnakers, gardens and galleries, sandstone cottages and stately Georgian homes - a city built on the pain and toil of yesteryear English convicts.
Spend the afternoon being driven in an old fashioned coach tram (yes that's a bus that looks like an old tram!) by one of our friendly local guides. Our driver guides will share with you what life is like on the 'Apple Isle' and give you an insight on the history of this wonderful city. As well as the expert commentary there are 5 main stops during the tour including Rosny Hill lookout for views of Hobart and Mt Wellington and also we visit the beautiful landscapes at the Royal Botanic Gardens.
Highlights of this tour:
- Sullivan’s Cove - Hobart’s birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park - a one time gun battery
- Battery Point - charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St. George’s Church
- Views of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St. David’s Park
- Tour past Anglesea Barracks
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt. Wellington
- Cascade Brewery
- Visit Cascade Gardens
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison
- St. David’s Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- GPO and Hobart Town Hall
- Penitentiary Chapel and Court
- Hobart Aquatic Centre
- Queen’s Domain and Government House
- Cross the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views over Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, The Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
- See the exquisite Royal Tasmania Botanical Gardens featuring ‘Pete’s Vegie Patch’, made famous by Peter Cundall of ABC’s Gardening Show
|USD $37.07||USD $18.53|
* Adult: 15 and older|
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Children younger than 4 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.