Summary of The Day: Good afternoon and welcome to Hobart! A city of yachts and spinnakers, gardens and galleries, sandstone cottages and stately Georgian homes - a city built on the pain and toil of yesteryear English convicts.
Spend the afternoon being driven in an old fashioned coach tram (yes that's a bus that looks like an old tram!) by one of our friendly local guides. Our driver guides will share with you what life is like on the 'Apple Isle' and give you an insight on the history of this wonderful city. As well as the expert commentary there are 5 main stops during the tour including Rosny Hill lookout for views of Hobart and Mt Wellington and also we visit the beautiful landscapes at the Royal Botanic Gardens.
Highlights of this tour:
- Sullivan’s Cove - Hobart’s birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park - a one time gun battery
- Battery Point - charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St. George’s Church
- Views of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St. David’s Park
- Tour past Anglesea Barracks
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt. Wellington
- Cascade Brewery
- Visit Cascade Gardens
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison
- St. David’s Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- GPO and Hobart Town Hall
- Penitentiary Chapel and Court
- Hobart Aquatic Centre
- Queen’s Domain and Government House
- Cross the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views over Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, The Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
- See the exquisite Royal Tasmania Botanical Gardens featuring ‘Pete’s Vegie Patch’, made famous by Peter Cundall of ABC’s Gardening Show
Tour starts at 1:15pm and returns at 4:00pm approximately.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Children younger than 4 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Due to operational requirements, different vehicles may be used for the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.