Summary of The Day: Depart Malaysia's capital today with a day trip from Kuala Lumpur to visit the amazing city of Malacca, a UNESCO World Heritage Site rich in history and culture.
This historical colonial town is a living testimony to the multi-cultural heritage of traditional Asia and European colonial influences. Here many battles have been fought to gain control of this strategic base located between the Eastern and Western world leading to the monopoly and control of the lucrative East Indies’ spice trade. When the early European settlers departed, they left behind a treasure trove of historical buildings and landmarks synonymous to Malacca today.
Your tour will drive pass the Bukit China or Chinese Hill – the largest Chinese cemetery outside of China. Along the way we'll stop at the foothill to view the Sultan’s Well before driving through the Portuguese Settlement. Here we'll visit the famous gateway, ‘Porta De Santiago,’ and the ruins of St. Paul’s Church, which is lined with 17th century Dutch tombstones.
Next on the list is ‘Red Square’ – the salmon pink Dutch administrative buildings which today houses the Malacca Museum and government offices. We'll also get to visit the iconic Christ Church before proceeding for lunch.
After lunch, we'll visit the ‘Abode Merciful Clouds’ or the Cheng Hoon Teng Temple – the only temple where you can find 3 major doctrines of local Chinese beliefs of Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism. Lastly, we'll take a stroll along the famous Jonker Street which also houses rows of antique shops Malaccan’s style.
Wear comfortable shoes and clothes. Cotton T-shirts with long or short pants recommended. Sandals/Slippers recommended.
Tours4fun requires passengers to be aware of the importance of travel insurance when traveling on adventure style tours. We strongly advise to take out travel and cancellation insurance to cover against cancellation costs, lost or damaged luggage or costs incurred from injury or illness. If you choose not to travel with travel insurance please be aware Tours4fun or any of its affiliates will take no liability for any cost incurred while traveling on this tour.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.