Summary of The Day: Get the most out of Istanbul in the company of an expert local guide. As we tour Istanbul, your guide will point out places to get the best local snacks and coffee, as well as show you the main points of interest along the way.
You'll start this Istanbul walking tour by exploring Istanbul’s ancient Hippodrome. Following this, we’ll make our way to Divanyolu, a historical thoroughfare originally mapped out by Emperor Constantine in the early 300s AD.
We’ll then wander through some of the backstreets of the Grand Bazaar, internationally known as the first-ever shopping mall and showcasing an incredible array of goods in its 4,000 shops (but we recommend you save your shopping for later when you have more time to explore at your leisure). We’ll also stop by the book bazaar, where the first printed book in Turkey was sold in 1729.
Your Istanbul tour will then take you to the magnificent Suleymaniye Kulliyesi, where you’ll stop off at the original Turkish baths built as part of the mosque complex, and learn all about this ritual of times past. Your guide will give you a local insight into Islam before whisking you off to try Turkish tea in a tea house that has amazing views of the city.
We’ll then pay a visit to the small and stunning Rustem Pasa Mosque - a highlight for sure! The first octagonal plan mosque by the great Ottoman architect Mimar Sinan, the interior is covered with some of the most exquisite iznik tiles ever produced.
We’ll finish this Istanbul tour in the Spice Bazaar area, where your leader can direct you to a local lokanta (small restaurant) for lunch, or give you some more great Istanbul tips for you to make the most of the rest of your stay.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6 to 11 years of age
* Children below the age of 6 are NOT permitted on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Local English-speaking guide
Tour of Sultanahmet, the Grand Bazaar, and Book Bazaar
Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the trip.
Please be aware that the standard of Dress through out Turkey is both conservative and modern. On this walking tour we visit a variety of Mosques. To respect this and for your own comfort we recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for both men and women. We would also request that women have their own scarf to cover their heads which can be easily purchased in Istanbul. The weather in Istanbul is highly variable depending on the time of year. Winters range from freezing cold to extremely hot and humid in Summer (June, July and August).
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.