Summary of The Day: Hell's Gate, you say? Amazing, we say. Come explore this wicked National Park with us (pun intended) on a day tour from Nairobi that you won't soon forget.
From Nairobi we'll head north towards Lake Naivasha, stopping along the way to take in breathtaking views of the Rift Valley before proceeding towards the lake. If you've forgotten your camera, you're going to be regretting it already.
Not long after, we'll arrive at Hell's Gate National Park, a massive 70 sq km park that is one among only a few National Parks in Kenya where walking is permitted (just mind your step, eh?).
The park is full of herbivores, and there are bird-watching opportunities galore. Combine that with hot springs, spectacular cliffs, and gorges, and you'll have hours and hours worth of amazing African-ness to explore.
Try not to get too caught up, though, as your lunch is not to be missed. You'll eat at a local restaurant where you'll sample regional cuisine and engage with the locals - pretty much one of our favorite things about travelling.
With stomachs full, we'll head to the Elsamere Conservation Centre on the shores of the lake, which was once the home of Joy and George Adamson, who devoted their lives to wildlife conservation. They are famously remembered for their relationship with the lioness Elsa, having reared her from a cub and released her back into the wild.
On that heartwarming note, we'll head back to Nairobi after a full day of exploring.
When packing, be aware that dress standards are conservative throughout Africa. To respect this, and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means covering shoulders and no short shorts. We recommend a mixture of loose, lightweight clothing and warm clothing for the evenings. Shorts should be knee-length. Singlets and tank tops are not suitable. Topless sun bathing is unacceptable.
In rare circumstances, access to the Elsamere Conservation Centre may be temporarily closed. Should this happen, an alternative itinerary will be proposed.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.