Summary of The Day:
The Guided He’eia Fishpond Exploration is just that, an exploration of an ancient Hawaiian pond built for sustainable fish farming. This is truly a one-of-a-kind Hawaiian activity, an authentic cultural experience that’s off the beaten path. Your pre-trip briefing includes the basics of kayaking and ocean safety, and then take to the water to learn the cultural significance of ancient Hawaiian fishponds.
Your guides will talk about the importance of their “sustainable” existence to our ancestors, why we need to learn from them and how we can apply the same type of thinking to our current times. You get to play an active role in restoring this once flourishing pond by fishing the predatory fish out with a Hawaiian-style bamboo fishing pole! After thoroughly exploring the fish pond guard house you’ll enjoy a nice paddle back to He’eia State Park and be welcomed by our Hawaiian BBQ lunch!
8:45am - 9:00am: Check-in
9:00am : Departure
Duration: 4-hour Adventure (3 hours on the water; 1 hour for lunch)
Please leave your hotel information when booking. Most times we are able to pick you up at your hotel or a nearby hotel. Otherwise, you will be instructed on where to wait for your pick up when we confirm your order.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.