Summary of The Day: We combine real coastal sailing on our legendary catamaran with the biggest party guests of all...the Humpback Whales! We include our complimentary bar featuring tropical cocktails (including Kay’s Cosmo), local beers on tap, tropical juices, soft drinks and even some crunchy snacks. Take the helm under the guidance of our expert captains, or relax on deck and let us do the work. Great fun, and great photo ops! All Ocean Sports Whale Watches include interpretation of the whales' behaviors from our trained naturalists. Please note that Humpback sightings on the Sail with the Whales trip are not guaranteed...but we know you'll have a great time!
Morning Trips are Guaranteed (from Dec 15 - April 15)! See a Humpback, or you can ride again for FREE!
Only Ocean Sports’ Whale Watches depart from 2 different locations within the Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary Waters so you won’t have to travel far to see the majestic Humpback Whales.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the departure time to check in.
In 1966, the International Whaling Commission banned most nations from hunting Humpbacks. In the U.S., the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972, and the Endangered Species Act of 1973 provide additional protection to the whales. And though the Humpbacks are now no longer "officially endangered", unless you're operating under a federal research permit, approaching humpback whales within 100 yards (300 feet) by any means (boat, swimming, kayaking etc) or within 1,000 feet from aircraft is still prohibited. It's also prohibited to approach the whales closer than 100 yards by interception (i.e. you can't "hop-scotch" in front of them), or do anything that would disrupt their "normal behavior" or "prior activity".
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.